Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit Ionic Issues....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To all ionic fitbit  owners I like everyone as duped into this product. Yes, its the newest and greatest. This product was put out in the market to compete with the I phone fit. One thing they for got to do was to update the signal strength to accept the new tech ie 4G + its not even compatible.   You can update, unload  uninstall and reinstall all you want but until the new software from fitbit app comes out all you have is a expensive watch. So wait all you want fitbit company needs to get better software programmers, or pay more in upgrading the licencing and software internet strength.   It does was it says when you have an older phone ie: I phone 5 generation android razor etc. with sporty internet coverage. The result is still  your steps will be off and all the sync apps Pandora music, Bluetooth turn on and off. if you have version sprint  and at&t  etc.which uses a higher frequency no matter what you do it wont solve this issue. If you still have you receipt return it. I love this idea  my fitbit Ionic But I don't need  the extra stress of whether its going to sync or not today and all the gliches. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Actually, my Ionic works great connecting with my Verizon Samsung S8 . It syncs every time. Everything works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having problems with my Fitbit Ionic too, I’ve been with Fitbit now for many many years and have upgrade my Fitbits overtime. After doing my research I do wished I made the switch to a Garmin.

I have pausing issues when I go out for a run, constantly having syncing issues with my iPhone, Ionic constantly reverts back to .5 min miles, which is useless. I spend days trying to solve the problems, I need a reliable smart watch!

Best Answer

@AlexandreMusawrote:

Same problem..

@AlexandreMusawrote:

Same problem...

I’m having problems with my Fitbit Ionic too, I’ve been with Fitbit now for many many years and have upgrade my Fitbits overtime. After doing my research I do wished I made the switch to a Garmin.  I have pausing issues when I go out for a run, constantly having syncing issues with my iPhone, Ionic constantly reverts back to .5 min miles, which is useless. I spend days trying to solve the problems, I need a reliable smart watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I unpair the "ionic clasic" bluetooth and left only the "ionic" bluetooth. It work and o Just geral sync.!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is going to sound crqzy because this is not how Bluetooth is supposed to work, so I've been having sync issues from day one and I've tried many solution that are just wastes of time. Yesterday I decided to do the routine of deleting the ionic from my Bluetooth saved fevices, turning off Bluetooth, restarting both the phone and the ionic and I was not surprised that it still couldn't sync. So I deleted the ionic once more from Bluetooth and forgot to try and sync it after it wouldn't even find the ionic, that happens a lot, and surprisingly the ionic has been connected to my phone without me doing so and is syncing finally. No wonder Fitbit lost profits last quarter, you guys rushed out a device to compete with apple and failed, why not do a recall? I won't be buying any Fitbit devices or what ever you sell any more after this horrible experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since i bought it in december, i had trouble with Bluetooth connections and due to this missed notifications of phonecalls, meetings etc.

I did find a sort of workaround, so i never had more then 1 minute lost, but lately it gets more and longer disconnected.

So i contacted support, after i had to repeat myself several times, because everytime another support worker answered, but did not read previous mails, i seem to have the answer i hoped NOT to get.

Get a supported phone and test it again.

I have 6 phones at home/use, but none is supported. Every supported phone that one of my colleagues have, is in use, so i cannot test it.

Depending on the new answer i will get, i think this is also my first and last Fitbit.

Support of Pebble was much better, and no stupid repeated questions that have nothing to do with the problem.

For me it is cheaper to buy another watch (i am looking at the very very very cheap Xiaomi Amazfit Bip with a lot lot lot extra options) then to buy a supported phone, just for testing.

Support:

"But we need to kindly ask you to try and find a compatible device as we cannot proceed if not all of the requirements are met. Otherwise we cannot confirm if the issue is with the Ionic itself. "

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer

Mine works great too with my Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro, which is on the Verizon network.  And no, it is not on the Supported Devices list.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes