Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fittracker has me at 40 min active time, but in the dashboard is shows 28 active minutes. Why?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would like to reset this if possible.  I want my actual minutes exercising to show in my active minutes in the dashboard.  How can I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How did you measure your activity? Did you start an exercise manually our did you use autodetect? The 40 mins are shown in the watch and not in the dashboard?

My feeling is that you actually exercised 40 mins but only after 12 mins you heart rate passed above 3 METs and that's what you see in your dashboard.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

You cant reset active minutes. I have no idea what Fittracker is, but I think you are misunderstanding what Fitbit's active minutes are (guessing here). Fitbits record active minutes as the time spent at working over 3 METs (have a rwad if the article for a clear explaination), but it is NOT the total exercise time. Let us know if that answers your questions . If not come back with more details of what you mean.

Active Minutes

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@mttroublemakerTo add to @NellyG post fitbits Active Minutes are defined as 10 continuous minutes at a minimum of 3 METs, (3 times your sleeping/resting calories (BMR)). In the graphs below, which you can create by using the Activity Record Icon (Large stopwatch) at the bottom of your PC Activity Log screen or your browser on your phone.  See this link for definition

This is a pure copy of your data and doesn't affect anything.  Occasionally you will see 9 active minutes included in the count

You can create a manual record for the exercise and that levels the calories burned over the time period and you may then get 100% Active Minutes... The downside is that that activity will not go towards Challenges, steps etc..

Active minutes 20feb18.pngactive minutes for Fitbit users.jpg

@mttroublemaker wrote:

Would like to reset this if possible.  I want my actual minutes exercising to show in my active minutes in the dashboard.  How can I do that?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all that information.  However, I am still confused.  Maybe I din't explain well enough.  I worked out for a solid 40 minutes today at one time. My fitbit app, as well as online website, showed 28 minutes of active minutes.  

Does the first 10 minutes not count? and that is why it showed 28 minutes.  I don't think it counted the steps for the first 10 minutes either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mttroublemakerThanks for getting back.. If you create the Activity Record in your browser Activity Log that will give you the answer.  Look at the calories..  You can also edit this record.. Excellent tool for analysis

• Go into your Activity Log (Browser)
  • Click on the Activity Record Icon
  • Enter the start and end times, ensuring the date is correct
  • Then click on the small stopwatch next to the description
  • You will then get graphs similar to my earlier post
  • Then examine the calories for active minutes.. 3 times your BMR
  • If unsure of your BMR use this calculator which uses the same equations as Fitbit and divide the answer by 1,440 minutes/daya.  Only 5 calories/day different for Fitbit than my BMR

• Activity Record 3.jpg
Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you measure your activity? Did you start an exercise manually our did you use autodetect? The 40 mins are shown in the watch and not in the dashboard?

My feeling is that you actually exercised 40 mins but only after 12 mins you heart rate passed above 3 METs and that's what you see in your dashboard.

Best Answer