Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS texts/calls not showing on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the iPhone XS and I am no longer receiving my texts & calls on my Ionic. I do see that the XS is not yet listed in Fitbit's supported devices, but my husband also upgraded to the iPhone XS, and his calls/texts show on his Surge.  

I have reset my Ionic, and ensured that it is up to date. It tracks my activity & syncs to my Fitbit app for steps, sleep, etc.

Is there an ETA for the fix on the lack of iPhone notices for the Ionic?

Thank you,

Carmela

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So, I went into the Mac store today, and an associate helped me resolve my issue described above. In the Fitbit App, I went 'Account/Notifications'. My calls, texts and calendar events had been "unchecked", so I turned them back on. Even though my steps were syncing from my Ionic to the app on my phone, I also had to pair my ionic to my phone. 

After these actions, I am able to receive the notices of incoming calls/texts/calendar events on my Fitbit again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome on board @CWinAK! Thanks for restarting your Ionic in order to sort this out, nice way to go!

Please make sure your tracker has been forgotten from the old phone or turn that phone off while you try to connect your Ionic to your new iPhone XS. Please go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device".

Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app. Check and do this with your new iPhone XS:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
    You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally. 
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you're still having difficulty, let me know I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me! I also appreciate your thorough response to try and help me. -Unfortunately, none of the possible issues apply to my situation.
-My old phone was "factory reset" so its completely brand new and off to be used by a new person. 
-My phone was in my pocket, or purse on my arm (Ionic on my wrist).
-All related settings on my phone are enabled.
-At the time that the calls came in & my notifications did not come up on my Ionic, I was not using any of the other, paired Bluetooth devices.

-Though it's possible that a signal between my phone and Ionic was unstable, I have not received even one notification on my Ionic since upgrading my iPhone almost 2 weeks ago so I don't think it's this.

-Apps were enabled.

-Ionic wasn't syncing, and it wasn't locked.

Thank you again for helping me troubleshoot! This is a really helpful feature and I really miss it working the way it has since I bought it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for providing me with such detailed information @CWinAK! At this very moment, iPhone XS is not yet included in our list of supported devices. 

Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements.

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

So, I went into the Mac store today, and an associate helped me resolve my issue described above. In the Fitbit App, I went 'Account/Notifications'. My calls, texts and calendar events had been "unchecked", so I turned them back on. Even though my steps were syncing from my Ionic to the app on my phone, I also had to pair my ionic to my phone. 

After these actions, I am able to receive the notices of incoming calls/texts/calendar events on my Fitbit again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you @CWinAK! I'm sure this will help other user who may be facing with the same. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes