Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic very inaccurate on elliptical and heartbeat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The main thing is to get very accurate data from your fitbit.  If you cant rely on that it is a wste of time and money.

The design and extra options etc. helps  but  is less important.

A)I daily  excercise on an Kettler crosstrainer X7.

Time always 30 minutes.

I have a chest band to measure my heartbeat which connects to my kettler,

Ionic gives data on max heartbeat up to 178 beats!!! Chestband on max 155 beats pm.

( I am 67 yeras old and it is impossible for me  go up to 178 beats pm.)

Distance: ionic says  after a 30 min for instance workout 5.63 km and my ketller says 6.58 km.

There is always a difference in the distance for ca. 800 up to 900 meters

There is no possibility to adjust the distance for an elliptical as for your steps distance.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I'm encountering similar results. My old Fitbit Blaze was fairly accurate when compared to chest monitor however my new Ionic is registering as much as 60 bpm higher. I'm 66 and I'm getting heart rates of 205+. That's pretty impossible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure about the heart rate but the distance that ionic shows vs what the elliptical shows is waaaaay off. I usually do 30 min on Elliptical and the machine shows 3 miles while Ionic shows only about 1.5 miles... pretty large discrepancy 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem? This was my main reason in purchasing the new ionic 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The ionic is way high on most all exercising heart rates. I've tested it alongside the Fitbit Blaze and my old chest strap. The later two are almost identical while the Blaze is 25-40 beats per minute higher. Fitbit doesn't seem concerned about the issue and that's a real shame. I sold my Fitbit stock and this is the last one of their products I'll ever purchase.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you compared the apple watch? if so, who did it compare against the ionic on accuracy?
Best Answer
0 Votes