Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ionic wont do anything - its black; wont charge; don't know what wrong with it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic won't work, completely black - just died; won't charge or anything; help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Mine went dead too yesterday. Was 50% charged. Now nothing. If you get help, please post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is not working today either - but it is not just black. It keeps restarting to the setup page, but shows it as connected to my fitbit app. If i try to push the update, it never finishes. If i try to remove the device and connect it as a new device, i can't get past the page where you enter the number. I was wondering if it had to do with todays firmware update.... I would recommend contacting fitbit, they usually have great customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue since updating to OS 3.0 , and there is no solution for it , if you are under warranty , they will sent a replacement , otherwise , you will be like me and it will be of no use as my Ionic currently rests on the table and useless since am out of warranty ( 12 months of non extendable warranty ) .

Ionic looks great but since day 1 with me , it was full of Software issues and they did nothing to fix it as with every update it brings even more issues . 

the thing is , even while Fitbit can see that a lot of people having the same issue , they are not doing anything to fix it .

you cant buy or extend the Warranty , and there is no maintenance service centers .

I paid more than the original 300$ price to pre-order it , and it lasts 14 months and died .

Best Answer

There's not really a lot we, as users, can do to address issues when they happen. The best tool we have is the restart:

1. Press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

This is much like rebooting a PC - it does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. Only thing is that it doesn't always work so it's worth trying a few times.

If that doesn't help then it's probably best to contact customer support, as suggested. You can get them via: contact.fitbit.com If they can't fix it then they can check your warranty status and advise on your options.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my second Fitbit and they both died after about 14 months. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Called customer support and it just happens that my ionic is 14 months old and out of warranty of course. Second fitbit to do this. Are there any smartwatches that last longer? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess misery loves company. I've been through a few of these posts on the community. This seems to be fairly common.

Mine went black this morning. Was working fine during my jog, then got to work......and screen was black. I have tried everything.

Very disappointing.

Best Answer

Just went through support. Suggested doing the things already done; cleaning, different charging (outlet / USB), hold buttons. All didn't work...……….so I have an expensive piece of garbage to wear on my wrist. Customer service was polite and tolerant. However, they are unable to provide any more that 25% / 40% discounts to use on the online store. Will offer free shipping but that's the most. I over cared for this item. My watch hasn't seen a pool, shower...….even the rain (always wore a jacket). And here I am with nothing. What does Fitbit instruct their customer service to do? "We're sorry, we'll give you a discount so you can spend more money on our products." Hey Fitbit, considering the number of posts there is on this issue, how about stand behind your product and give more of a discount or a longer warranty? Joke.

Best Answer

Hello everyone.  My fitbit Ionic started to do the same thing as of this morning. Screen is completely blank. Have charged it using different laptop ports/house out lets but no luck. Looks like out of luck as all of you on this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes