Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the fitbit ionic good enough to buy? or should i wait?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi all,

I now have a fitbit charge 2 and in principle it works fine!

but because I want to go swimming sooner and do more things, I'm looking at someone else.

the fitbit ionic attracts my interest but is he really as nice and good as is told on youtube?

what is your experience?

buy the fitbit ionic because it is top?

or are there so many bugs or other things that I better wait or orientate on something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

They may look nicer but I find the Garmin heart-rate date to be way way high and not accurate at all---I have had several of their watches and have totally lost trust in any of their data---Don't even get me started on their accelmeter. Fitbit is way more accurate for e=what it does and what I need it for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with other negative comments. It's quite poor. It just won't connect. WiFi or BT. If you reboot both, iPhone and Watch, yes it syncs. I also waited for the new firmware but that didn't fix it. The battery life is poor. It doesn't  do Open Water Swimming.

Best Answer

It's not perfect, but it seems like many of the bugs got sorted out with the last FW update.  Fingers crossed!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

One of my biggest complaints about fitbit is it's syncing track record. I mean, let's face it - Bluetooth is not exactly new tech or all that bleeding edge anymore. If anything ought to be 100% it ought to be syncing a watch to a phone over bluetooth. And in the decade that fitbit has existed it has never gotten it right.

That's okay when fitbit was a pedometer that you wore on your pants and cost $50. Okay - just reset it and all was well. But as soon as they start asking $300 for a device, they ought to at the very least get the most basic thing that they advertise working without fail... I have bluetooth headsets I use to talk on my phone that connect over the same protocol that cost $5 and have less problems syncing than what fitbit charges hundreds of dollars for. That is unacceptable and fitbit ought to get this straight soon or they will start to look very bad.

Best Answer
I have a blaze currently and have never had a syncing issue with an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing with my android---it may take a few seconds longer some time but I have had fitbits from the "one" onward and have never had any problems with syncing. Much better product than Garmin IMO and I have tried many of both companies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my Ionic in the same way I used my Blaze and I have zero issues. It's now my only tracker but I don't use any of the smartwatch functions. It syncs fine, no longer adds fake steps I never took when charging. I don't have many complaints given how I use it. I don't use notifications either. I will say it works better with my iPhone than my Android phone. 

Once I start trying to use smartwatch functions the problems begin. Can't connect to my WiFi, intermittent notifications, Hue app sometimes work and sometimes not.

I don't regret buying this but if I had to do it over I would have just stayed with the Blaze. It did all the things I needed it to do very well. 

Best Answer

It is a piece of junk.  Constant failures - support is no help.  About to throw it out.

Best Answer

Best smartwatch I owned so far (the list includes Pebble Classic, Pebble Time, LG Watch, LG Watch R, Polar M600, and other sport watches like TomTom Runner and Runtastic GPS Watch).

Sync perfectly, wonderful display, excellent battery life, good GPS, good HR (although not as good as the Polar M600 that instead has a terrible GPS)

Best Answer

it's waterproof, I do like that as that was very important to me

I also like the heart rate during exercise, resting heart rate and sleep monitoring, auto detection of exercise

the only defect I have with the Iconic is it has very very weak notifications that can barley be felt

so no using it to know when a call or text comes in when phone on silent, no reminding you to move, no reminding you to drink water, no waking you up as an alarm...

so if you can do without any notifications from the watch, it's worth the buy, if you want notifications, would wait till the next version or look elsewhere

Best Answer
0 Votes

i had the ionic i didnt like it because i have thin wrists and it felt like wearing a block on my wrist. so i traded in for the versa, and it fits and feels SO much better but thats just imho.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came from a Charge 2 and then went to a apple watch 3 and wore both at the same time. I then decided to get the Ionic and I havent turned on the Apple Watch 3 since. I love my Ionic. Blows away the Charge 2 IMO. My wife had an Ionic but it was simply too big for her wrists. I say if you have small wrists get the Versa. IMO nothing even comes close to the fitbit tracking apps. The sleep app alone is worth the price of admission. 

Best Answer
0 Votes