Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run settings not saving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When the run settings are changed on the run screen (gear icon in top left) they do not save and revert back to the default settings.

Anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Are fitbit aware?

It is a massive pain having to re enter run settings every time.

Cheers.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Yes you are right. I also reported this issue a couple of weeks ago here in the forum. It is happening since OS2. There is nothing you can do that I am aware of. The settings will revert back to default every time you sync your watch with the Fitbit App. I hope they can correct this bug soon. 

Best Answer

I noticed this also. I was able to get around it by changing the exercise settings in the app rather than on the Ionic.  So it appears with the new OS, the app settings become the default while the Ionic setting can be changed for the current run (or whatever exercise you are doing).

Best Answer

The changes you can do in the app are very basic @BMS_01 You can't customize for example which stats  you want to see  on the screen during the exercise. This can be done only in the watch itself.

Best Answer

Good point. My issue was with GPS being enabled by default, and that is configurable in the app. I guess I didn't realize the stats were an issue, as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic does not keep preferences stored in exercise app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jackleveille wrote:

Please see THIS thread.

Best Answer

The questions I have are:

Does fitbit even acknowledge awareness of this issue? 

Does fitbit, if aware, see this issue as a bug?

Are we just talking to ourselves or does fitbit read and respond as appropriate? 

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same problem with my “walk” settings. I have to re-customise them before every walk. Very annoying.

Best Answer

Do you mean the solution is in the manual (I didn't see it addressed)?  Could you please point to the pertinent section or paragraph ....?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where does anyone say "the solution is in the manual"? Did you bother to read the thread I gave a link to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I read your thread.  It sounds like it is not possible to make the preferences permanent.  But here's what I saw also:

@jackleveille wrote:

Please see THIS thread.

C.B. | TEXAS
Charge2, Ionic, Aria2

If all else fails, read the manual

I saw this reference to the manual and thought you were suggesting the manual gave some guidance on the topic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry if that confused you.  That is just an old Forum saying attached to my signature line.  Smiley LOL  It doesn't apply to this specific case.

Best Answer
Ok, I I get it now. Thanks.

I hope Fitbit makes a software change.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This also seems to be a problem with the Versa.  I bought one for my mom and one for my daughter...both are experiencing the custom exercise stats disappear after they sync to the app and it reverts back to the settings the trackers came with

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. This fix will be implemented in a future release. 

In the meantime, you may have to input exercise settings periodically and I thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution. 

Thanks again to all who took the time to report this issue! If you have any questions, you know where to find me. 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the assistance. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yep! agreed with everyone. Why does fitbit even use the description "Customize Settings" of each exercise function in our Exercise section of the fitbit watches when we can't save the settings? Anyone found a permanent solution yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since the last update my settings have now been fixed. Have you completed the update?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. They have been fixed for me as well. However it looks like for some it is not the case, as in some reports here in the forum. Maybe it is not fixed for Android, but it is just my guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, has a fix been incorporated in an update because I've had an update but still have the problem of settings not saving after being used.  Would really appreciate a status of fix development and roll-out.

Best Answer