Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Nothing New Here" message and buttons not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I went out for a long bike ride in the rain yesterday. After finishing and syncing, I got the above message, and the watch kept on opening the Alarm menu randomly.

I read the forums. I did a normal shutdown several times. I did a factory reset. It has been quiet on my wrist for a couple of hours and has now started giving me the "Nothing new here" alert again, and couldn't get out of the settings menu because, it now seems, the buttons aren't always connecting to something.

Just how is such a glitch possible, for one.

Why is customer support for such expensive devices so lackadaisical, for two (seriously, read through these posts yourself and tell me honestly that you would be happy with the casual, uncaring, bot-driven responses that are so prevalent.)

Should I try again or just give up and go for the nuclear option of exercising my warranty rights?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community @DaygloViking! Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting that you've tried. 

Your feedback is appreciated and we're always working to improve our watches and services that we offer. Also, I appreciate the research that you did on the forums. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you on this. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I have done "restart." I have done "factory reset." I have done "cleaning it" (how do you get behind buttons on a waterproof design? I would honestly love to know.)

My touchscreen is still glitchy, inasmuch as it still likes to swipe itself all the way across, randomly bring up the alarm menu, or sometimes pointblank refuse to respond to tactile inputs. The left button sometimes doesn't respond at all. Setting the screen awake to "manual" does not stop the screen turning itself on, even without moving my wrist, even with all notifications set to "off."

Sure, the heart beat still registers, but when the interface is screwed up, and the majority of the forum advice coming from other users instead of the company seem to suggest multiple restarts and resets, which is akin to hitting someone over the head with a club when they have a cold, we really need a better fix on this.

As this was a present, what exactly is involved for the whole warranty side of affairs if this device cannot be made to behave as it had for months before it encountered one moderate rainy day?

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @DaygloViking. I appreciate the details that you've shared. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always working to improve our Customer Service and provide you with watches/trackers that can help you reaching your exercise goals. 

In this case, I would recommend to continue the communication through email with our Support team, they will continue troubleshooting this with you and provide you with options. 

Catch you later! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer