Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reply to txt msgs?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1) does the ionic have the ability, out of the box, to reply to a txt message by selecting from a list of preconfigured quick-replies?

there are 12 pages of people asking for this feature on the Blaze in your feature-request area! not to mention my OLD Pebble Steel has this capability and you guys BOUGHT PEBBLE'S ASSETS!

2) will the ionic show pictures from MMS messages, or only text?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49
The only people who ever say that are people how have never had a watch
with that functionality. But hey, as long as you are happy, that's all that
matters.
Best Answer

@climbbike wrote:
The only people who ever say that are people how have never had a watch
with that functionality. But hey, as long as you are happy, that's all that
matters.

Nope.... My phone can do canned messages when I decline a call... And I have never used one once in my life.  I love the blaze because it doesn't do too much.  All those extra things drain battery and just make it more complicated to use, on a 1" wrist screen.

Just my thoughts, but I know other who feel the same, which is why the Blaze sold well.  To each their own though.  I just don't think that the inability to reply to texts kicks the Ionic out of the Smartwatch category. 

Best Answer

Wow. You think the Blaze sold well!?  Across the industry it's pretty accepted that it was a failure. That's what Fitbit is trying to fix with the Ionic. Their stock tanked ever since the Blaze came out. It was called the "Not so smart-watch". Even Fitbit is pretending it never existed by calling the Ionic their first smart watch even though they originally called the Blaze a smart watch. I think they are in for more bad news if they don't add the"smart" to their new smart watch (again). 

Best Answer

After many years of hoping and waiting, I'm on S3 Classic and I enjoy a SMART WATCH 🙂

Too bad, I was forced to migrate because Fitbit never worked OK on S8, S8+ etc. I mean never!

And you know what? S Health is much better than ever. If I drive a car no more steps and floors added, sleep detection, auto detection for all you need etc.

After 3 Ionic orders and cancel, I think I'm done with Fitbit. Now I'm in a global challenge with 1 million ppl on S Health and it's really ... challenging 🙂

I canceled my 1000 USD order (2 Ionic and bands) and preordered 2 new Gear Sport smart watches.

Ionic it's a huge fail even it's in incipient stage. It's really ugly, too dumb, not a smartwatch at all for me. Maybe for others will be OK.

Best Answer

@climbbike wrote:

Wow. You think the Blaze sold well!?  Across the industry it's pretty accepted that it was a failure. That's what Fitbit is trying to fix with the Ionic. Their stock tanked ever since the Blaze came out. It was called the "Not so smart-watch". 

First, the Blaze was Amazons top selling fitness tracker.  Second, it was never ever called a smart watch by Fitbit, only hack reviewers who called it such just because it had a color touch screen.

It is basically a color, touch, souped up Charge HR, that was only 199.

So yes, it sold poorly and reviewed poorly as a smartwatch..... Something it was never intended to be.  As a fitness tracker it sold and reviewed great. 

Best Answer

Fitbit-Blaze-Smart-Fitness-Watch-review-1024x576.jpg

Wow. Are you on Fitbit payroll or something!?  Quite the fan boy. "smart fitness watch" used to be all over their marketing. Whatever. Good luck to you. I'm out. 

Best Answer

@climbbike wrote:

Fitbit-Blaze-Smart-Fitness-Watch-review-1024x576.jpg

Wow. Are you on Fitbit payroll or something!?  Quite the fan boy. "smart fitness watch" used to be all over their marketing. Whatever. Good luck to you. I'm out. 

Bye Bye!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The stock did not tank because the Blaze came, but because the Blaze came out before it was expected to. This ment the quarter that the Blaze was sipposed to come out dod not get the expecyed boost from the Blaze. The boost came a quarter earlier. 

Yes i understand the Ionic is a fix for the Blaze,  the Blaze is a fix to the Charge2, the Charge2 is a fix to the Charge HR, that fixed the Charge, which fixed the Flex, which fixed the Ultra, which fixed the Zip

Of coirse we all know that trucks where invented to fix the problems of trying to carry heavy loads in a car.

No fitbit is not trying to fix the Blaze with the Ionic any more than Apple is Fixing the AW2 with the AW3, of course we all know that the AW2 was nothing more than a fix to the AW1

Get real, fitbit like most companies, realize that people are different, with different wants so they offer many models.

Wouldn't this world be drab if they only made blue color paint?

BTW: The Blaze was never ment to be a smart watch, and was only outsold by the Charge 2, we both nidels for many montgs each outsold that A watch.

Best Answer

climbbike wrote: 

Not going to argue with you over symantics.  It is not called a Smartwatch.  Yes, of course Fitbit played with branding and different titles, but is not and was not intended to be a Smartwatch like Apple.  As a company you need to title everything as many different ways as you can so it appears in searches.

If a person wants to find a Smartwatch, and googles Smartwatch.....you are darn right that Fitbit would want the Blaze to pop in front of someone.  That title in your picture has the 3 big keyword searches, Smart, Fitness, and Watch.  Pretty simple advertising.  

At the end of the day, anyone who has it, used it, and reviewed it all say "it is not a smartwatch".

Best Answer

@climbbike wrote:

Wow. You think the Blaze sold well!?  Across the industry it's pretty accepted that it was a failure. That's what Fitbit is trying to fix with the Ionic. Their stock tanked ever since the Blaze came out. 

The stock tanked before the Blaze came out.

Yes, I would say 1M units in 1 month is considered selling well!  

https://www.runnersworld.com/running-gear/fitbit-rebounds-sells-a-million-blaze-watches-in-one-month

http://www.zdnet.com/article/fitbits-blaze-alta-sells-1-million-units-each/

Your statment about "across the industry" is nothing but your opinion, and the Ionic is no Fix, but a natural evolution.

Best Answer
I had a Gear S3 and I am currently selling it on eBay. As a woman I found it too big on my wrist but I loved the smart watch very much. Im really into fitness so was wearing a fitbit charge 2 on one wrist to track all of my fitness stats and the Gear S3 on the other wrist to get notification. I just decided to sell both and get the fitbit Ionic and wear just that. While I enjoy the Samsung it wasnt good enough at fitness tracking for me which is my main priority. The Gear Sport looks good but I don't like Samsungs app, its not a patch on fitbits app. I know ill be leaving behind the smart side for the Ionic but i sincerely hope that the brilliant developers out there make some cool apps that will improve the smart side of the Ionic. Heres hoping.
Best Answer
I didn't say anything about the Blaze selling well. I had one for about 4 months and sold it as I didn't like it.
Think you might have confused me with someone else's post.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did have a smartwatch but fitness tracking is my priority. I just think that having the ability to interact with notifications is what would elevate sales of the Ionic massively.
Best Answer
I agree wholeheartedly and I'm hopeful that the app developers will add to smart functionality of the Ionic.
Best Answer

@Rach77 wrote:
I didn't say anything about the Blaze selling well. I had one for about 4 months and sold it as I didn't like it.
Think you might have confused me with someone else's post.

What?  No one referenced you or quoted you talking about the blaze sale figures.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly Fitbit did not leverage the best things about the Pebble Time when buying whatever assets they did.  the Ionic should have a speaker, and the ability to reply to texts.  This was one of the best features of the Pebble Time....what a shame!

Best Answer

I know none of the fitbits including Ionic can reply to a text or a whatsapp message with canned message templates. Its ridiculous that fitbit calls Ionic their 'Smart Watch'. Apart from the fitness measurements, how is something that cannot do a tenth of what android wear watch or apple watch do can be called a smart watch.

I currently wear a charge 2, but always find myself going back to my Moto 360 second gen. reason being looks( okay..subjective) and inability to respond to calls or text on fitbit.

Come one fitbit, if you are going to ask for 300 dollars price, include the basic smart features atleast. Or atleast borrow those features from Pebble platform.

I dont see value in paying $300 for Ionic with this limited feature set. I can get it for $200 from my employer discount website, but still find its not worth it as you need to keep your phone nearby anyway and might as well go for a alta or a charge 2 for lower price point.

You could have made something ICONIC, but instead made it Ionic.

Best Answer

I bought this watch, desperately hoping to find a replacement for my old pebble steel.  It was a major disappointment.  I wonder what happened to all the developers from Pebble.  It's like their combined knowledge and experience was just tossed in the trash.

Im going to keep wearing it, but it's pretty **ahem** depressing.  

Best Answer

I got a Samsung Gear Sport. It's fantastic. Does everything the Fitbit did plus way more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is it waterproof for swimming? That's pretty much all the exercise I get.
🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes