Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reply to txt msgs?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1) does the ionic have the ability, out of the box, to reply to a txt message by selecting from a list of preconfigured quick-replies?

there are 12 pages of people asking for this feature on the Blaze in your feature-request area! not to mention my OLD Pebble Steel has this capability and you guys BOUGHT PEBBLE'S ASSETS!

2) will the ionic show pictures from MMS messages, or only text?

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Who said anything about canned replies. I use the scribble feature in my Apple Watch to reply to texts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also use the Blaze. In order to dismiss notifications as they come in, simply swipe right. Keeps from having to scroll through 6000 at the end of the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on how we can improve the notification experience on Ionic. 

If you haven't already done so, I would recommend checking out our feature suggestion board and casting a vote. This is the best way for our team to gauge interest in great ideas like yours. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will there be a update to speak to text via watch. To reply to text and calls. I'm not sure why this feature doesn't work especially for the price of the watch. 

Best Answer
Not on the Blaze. It has no mic or speaker.
Best Answer

There is no plan for this as it has no ability to hear you with the current hardware. 

@Jules423 wrote:

Will there be a update to speak to text via watch. To reply to text and calls. I'm not sure why this feature doesn't work especially for the price of the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vote on this suggestion to help make it possible!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You would need to have your Bluetooth headphones attached to the Blaze. Fitbit's headphones attach to both the phone and ionic. Answering a phone call would then be possible to speak through the phone with the connected headphones. 

Text and reapplying I already do with Bixby. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@theksmith wrote:

1) does the ionic have the ability, out of the box, to reply to a txt message by selecting from a list of preconfigured quick-replies?

there are 12 pages of people asking for this feature on the Blaze in your feature-request area! not to mention my OLD Pebble Steel has this capability and you guys BOUGHT PEBBLE'S ASSETS!

2) will the ionic show pictures from MMS messages, or only text?

I have no desire to respond to notifications from a watch, but I realize that what I want is not the same thing as what the majority of consumers want. Smartwatch buyers simply expect to be able to respond to text from their wrist. That feature has just become a standard for most consumers. Fitbit should give consumers what they want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you can dismiss the apps you dont want in the fitbit app , you can off the notifications of your blaze by pressing the top right button , then you will see an off button to off notifications.Just swipe away the messages of press the clear all button to remove messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes