Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seriously: you guys can’t supply a better band for the Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can’t believe i spent over 200 for a fitbit and both bands are already unusable. Why? because instead of spending what? 0.01-0.02 USD for making the clip an integral part of the band, you have what amounts to a push-pin that INEVITABLY falls out. I’ve burned through three bands with this seriously poor design and had to throw away three very usable bands,  apart from the fact that FitBit decided that properly attaching the clip to the end of the band was too much cost or trouble (or both) and instead came up with this inexpensive but temporary design. 

You should put a disclaimer on the box: be sure to buy a third-party after-market band because the one we supplied will only last a few weeks before the clip fall off and you’ll have to throw it away and buy a replacement.

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

so, now i’m starting the new year without a fitness tracker.... 

so someone from Fitbit needs to tell me why i should replace this band yet again and stick with FitBit rather than moving to Garmin or Suunto? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like you may want to contact Fitbit, rather than addressing your fellow Fitbit users. 

You may also want to read the Community Guidelines, they really are not much different from any other community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a reasonable rant. We have addressed fitbit direct and their option is to buy a $40 band as opposed to a 5 cent missing part. I have now spent more on bands than I did on the original watch. Just to buy the clips. The clip falls out in bed while sleeping. While putting on your seatbelt. Carrying in groceries. etc. It is a bad design and putting it here lets other users know. If you just tell the manufacturer it is a closed loop and nothing has been done in 2 years. I just lost my 8th clip. This is not acceptable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes