Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa swimming is not counted as "active minutes"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My 45 minutes of lap swimming is not counted as "active minutes".  It is recorded in the dashboard, but not active minutes! 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From the linked article:

"Fitbit devices that track your heart rate do a better job of recognizing active minutes for non-step-based activities"

When swimming, HR is not being measured. It may probably affect active minutes as the intensity cannot be measured with the use of the heart rate. I don't know how it is measured in case of the swimming (and whether it's measured at all as you can't see it as active minutes then probably not at all). Before, the HR was measured as an error when swimming was detected automatically. One of the updates changed that and now even if you auto-detect swimming, the HR is not being measured.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Does it's ever happen to somebody my tracking device always reset during my swimming training!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@p.kelly not all exercise minutes will be counted toward active minutes. it all depends on the exercise activity level and your HR. Please check this article for more info.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, the article seems to address this issue. I feel like this is recent since before September my swimming did count. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@p.kelly well, it could be that you simply got better and need to increase the intensity level. That's a good thing! 🙂

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Although I grew up swimming at the NJ shore I began lap swimming a bit over a year ago.  Initially I could barely do one lap.  Took some private lessons which helped my stroke, warm up strategy & endurance.  This week I swam 1000 yards in a 25yard/lap pool  feels great!  

I truly appreciate the opportunity to connect with other swimmers as well as the support.

Best Answer

From the linked article:

"Fitbit devices that track your heart rate do a better job of recognizing active minutes for non-step-based activities"

When swimming, HR is not being measured. It may probably affect active minutes as the intensity cannot be measured with the use of the heart rate. I don't know how it is measured in case of the swimming (and whether it's measured at all as you can't see it as active minutes then probably not at all). Before, the HR was measured as an error when swimming was detected automatically. One of the updates changed that and now even if you auto-detect swimming, the HR is not being measured.

Best Answer

@p.kelly This is trully impressive! No wonder... It's a piece of cake for you now. 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer