Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my ionic started updating and then installing with the blue loading screen. It never got past the blue installing screen and it is now two days later. The app can't find the watch anymore and the watch still has that blue installing screen. I don't know what to do to either get it to restart or to finish installing.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I am having the very same issues...

Best Answer

I am having the same issues...plus every time there's an update I have the same issues. One wouldn't think it would be that difficult. I am tempted to return this Ionic and go back to my old one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m facing the same issue. I just got the watch less than 2 weeks back. Don’t even know how to reset it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the left button and the bottom right button for 15 sec to reset

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

It didn’t work with me. Below is their feedback so far:

To update your Fitbit Ionic, please verify the following requirements:
Please check if your device you are using to sync your Ionic to is under the list of compatible devices with Fitbit, to do so, click here.
Is the software on your IOS device up to date? To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
Make sure your Ionic is syncing. For syncing troubleshooting instructions, please click Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
Please, make sure you don't have any other Bluetooth device connected at the moment to the IOS device, such as Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth speakers etc.
If you are using more than one device to sync, make sure the other device's Bluetooth is off.

Make sure Ionic is on the charging cable, even if the battery is charged, as Wi-Fi drains the battery even though it is charging. Must be charging at the same time while performing the Firmware update.
Make sure the Wi-Fi connection is stable by checking that Wi-Fi connection from Wi-Fi settings on the Fitbit app:
Tap or click the Account icon < User-added image > your device image.
Tap or click Ionic.
Tap or click WiFi settings.
Tap or click Add Network and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your watch.
Also, we highly recommend that the Ionic needs to be close the router for the update to work out through Wi-Fi. For more information please click the following links: How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

Once verified the requirements, please try the following:
With your watch charging nearby, open the Fitbit app.
Tap or click the pink Update button. You'll only see an option to update your device if an update is available.
Please, follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your IOS device. Note that updates may take up to an hour to complete. If the update is slow, don't remove your device from your account as a troubleshooting measure.
For more information, please check the links below:

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works 

thanks a lot 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, this worked. Mine froze while updating. I reset as you stated & now the update is complete. Thank you for your post. 

Best Answer

It finally updated...NOW I have the fit bit symbol on my android phone ALL THE TIME...sheesh this is VERY FRUSTRATING....

Best Answer
0 Votes

This whole thread echoes my own experience of frustration in the first hour instead of excitement!

Best Answer
Mine is still trying to connect to my Android...Happy it worked for you !!!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry...I know how you feel....been frustrated since last nite...still not working like B4 the update...😂

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍

Best Answer
0 Votes