Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workout data changing from watch fitbit app and then more to strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed then when i run , my ionic says one that but after ittransfers to fibit app ,it changes, then when it transfers to strava it changers more. If you notice on the map it shows 3.03 ,thats what my watch showed when i stopped . the app showed 2.98 and strava showed 2.98 but the pace changed when it it transfered to starva. The watch apparently can't comminucate with its own fitbit app.

20191118_182434.jpgScreenshot_20191118-195258_Strava.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure about the difference distance between map (3.03) and recap data (2.98). It appears to me that the recap data (2.98) is then properly sent to Strava.

Strava changes the pace because its algorithm consider some time to be standing still (not in movement) and therefore the pace increases. This is a common issue for any imported session from any device, I currently have the same problem with my Polar Vantage V even if I don't stop during my run.

Best Answer

my big thing is that i was looking at my watch for my distance i was trying to acheve,then when i get threre and stop i find out i didnt make it , Strava is what me and my friends use, I got the fitbit ionic because it would sync to all the big fitness apps , not worried as about the pace as i am the distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is useful info.  I'm becoming increasingly frustrated as my ionic records me running for example, today I ran 11 miles but Strava has it as 10.87.  So, if I understand you correctly, Strava adjusts the time and distance to allow some time where you have stopped running.  So the Ionic reading is accurate and not Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes