Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate and the ladies cycle!

Do any of the other ladies notice a trend between resting heart rate and the monthly cycle?? This is my 3 month track of heart rate and shows massive changes depending on where I am in the month! Is this

normal?Screenshot_2017-11-14-14-30-01.png

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

Interesting! I was literally wondering when my period was coming and decided to check where my rhr was last month in relation to my period and it was a bit higher as its been this week. I'm expecting my period to come in tomorrow lol 

Best Answer

For those that don't know, Fitbit is currently in the process of releasing a Female Health Tracking system, that is relevant to this topic. See the link below:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Female-Health-Tracking/bd-p/femalehealth

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Ooooh interesting!! Thanks for letting me know

Best Answer

I too am 65 and menopausal.  I have noticed that my heart rate cycles between 69 and 74+. When my heart rate is at the high end then my menopausal symptoms of anxiety and IBS are particularly bothersome. Interesting . I hadn't tied the two together until recently? 

Best Answer

Just the post I was looking for!!!  Yes, my RHR goes up and down and the days after my period ends, I have the lowest RHR all day and think I am dying, but according to you ladies, it seems like I am not alone and we are all still alive.  Many blessing ❤️

Best Answer

I am the same my RHR is usually 58 but for around 5 days during my cycle it slows to around 45bpm and I usually feel awful with it. I have recently been diagnosed with Anemia. Dr did a quick ECG but nothing sinister showed up! But it makes me feel terrible 😩

Best Answer
So sorry to hear that. I went through that a long time ago, now fine. I
hope you know it is not about "ingesting more iron". Anemia is more often a
result of absorption issues. So good probiotics, no sugar, cut back stress
levels, massive dark leafy green veggies and that sort of thing might
better help to resolve issues. B-12 supplement okay. Whatever you do, be
very careful of "folic acid". Folate is what you want and it is better to
get it from food. Good luck!
Best Answer

Hi. I have noticed a distinct pattern with my heart rate with drastic changes. I have Endometriosis and a Mirena. I dont get a period however the pattern is perfect for how i feel during cycle. Around 10th of every month i have resting rate of 55ish then at what i think is ovulation i have a heart rate of 70!

Best Answer

I'm not diagnosed PCOS but I have very long irregular cycles. I do basal body temperature charting to track ovulation. I recently read about the connection between resting heart rate and ovulation. I haven't been wearing my fitbit very long but I feel like I notice a pattern where it drops low after menstruation and then has little peaks until I do ovulate and then it heads up higher during the luteal phase. It makes me wonder if those little peaks are attempts to ovulate? It's very interesting to me! 

Best Answer

Does anyone know an app where we could copy in RHR and period dates to look for patterns? Are there any spreadsheet apps that automatically do charts and allow you to compare them? 

Best Answer

Yes!  This is exactly what happens to me.  

Best Answer

I found this thread because my heart rate ratchets up (75 BPM) then drops dramatically the day my period starts (65 BPM). I have endometriosis and am also anemic during and a couple of days after my period. Does this seem too dramatic?

Best Answer

It's really interesting that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing. 

Does anyone have an explanation for the reasons why? I haven't got a clue but find it really fascinating

Best Answer

I would also be interested to know this! It keeps happening to me as well 🤷

Best Answer

C24A5B16-7DC1-4720-93AD-60061F58184D.jpeg

Best Answer

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I knew I was pregnant both times because of my heart rate. I also knew.i miscarried my first pregnancy because of the charting of my heart rate too. Amazing really!

Best Answer
So sorry for your miscarriage!!!
Best Answer

So glad I found this! I have occasional atrial fibrillation and have noticed it plays up most around ovulation and menstruation. This month is the first month I’ve noticed a massive change in my resting HR but no AF and it’s been freaking me out a little. Reading these posts have reassured me that I’m not about to keel over and it’s just my body doing it’s thing.

thanks ladies!

Best Answer

Mine is similar to yours! This is my first period since breastfeeding, but before my rhr was between 68-75 each month. Now that I’m on my period today my rhr is 62! That’s the lowest I’ve ever seen it (got pregnant soon as I got my FB so this is my first cycle with a period and FB). 

Best Answer

Period tracker app. You can enter your RHR in as your BBT value to compare with your monthly symptoms. What’s what I’ve just began doing. If my rhr is 69 I’ll add “.1” to it so it registers as a “false” temperature. 8550E467-6AF9-47C3-9858-77E09AC03CC7.png

Best Answer