Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your hobby?

I want to know what everyone's hobbies are!! Doesn't matter if it's hunting, swimming, baking or even singing. I'm interested in learning/doing something new because basketball seasons over. So what is everyone's hobbies? Let's learn something new about our fellow fit-bitters!

My hobbies are: Dancing, Basketball, Softball, and Biking.

Amy Noelle | United States
Best Answer
281 REPLIES 281

I am an artist-so my job is my hobby? or my hobby is my job 🙂 I also love reading mysteries and online games.

Best Answer

I am basically retired, but my hobby (I guess you'd call it that) is Ballroom Dancing. My partner and I compete regularly and do quite a few hours of practice each week) so it is more of a lifestyle in some ways! It certainly takes up a lot of time and energy! Good for keeping fit 🤣

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thats the best way to be 😁
Best Answer

My hobby...my avocation, is a 12-year old Siamese cat named Sugar.  I also watch a movie or two.

Best Answer

I love writing, video editing and photography. 

Best Answer

I love to play golf. Anyone use the fitbit primarily that way would be of interest to me. I like to walk and only jog for intervals at best. I also love to walk by the beach.

Best Answer

Hi. I upcycle Bratz dolls. I take off their hootchi-mama makeup and repaint them, dressing them in more modest clothes. I turn them back into little girls. You can see my dolls on Etsy in my shop Freckle Farm Dolls.  I also watercolor and have a nice raised bed garden.  Oh, and chickens!

Best Answer

There are a lot of great free yoga videos online. Also, for about $9 a month, you can join Gaia tv and they have hundreds of classes for all levals.

Best Answer

You can read and walk at the same time if you listen to audio books!  🙂  I'm not a huge fan of them because I like to hold the book and touch the paper, but you can listen while you walk, run, treadmill, drive, etc. 🙂

Best Answer

What's the easiest way to get into genealogy?  I'd love to start but am overwhelmed at how to do it.

Best Answer

You should look up geocaching then.  Takes you to some great parks/wooded areas- but there is a goal, and a "find" associated that is fun!

Best Answer

Hello to start researching genealogy, I started with just the names and birth dates of my grandparents. I just typed them into the internet and found some information. I do have a ancestry account but only use it to put my family members into place. I have found over the years that the site called Findagrave is very helpful in finding information on my past ancestors and even some photos. I've been able to connect with cousins that I never meet before. As you go further back with your ancestors, you might come into problems as to who married who, at times people kept the same name over 4-5 generations and surnames do change by dropping a letter or two.

familysearch.org is another good site to look up information. You can try the free trial at ancestry to help you get started, just cancel it before the trial is up so you wont be charged. Hope this helps and good luck on researching your family tree 🙂

Best Answer

Good information shared. Thanks

Best Answer
That's so true. I love finding random audio books on youtube and listening
to them while I'm on a treadmil. Makes it soooo much better.
Best Answer

Recently, my new hobby is to make handmade hot sauces from different kinds of peppers. 

There are so many types of peppers which makes this hobby very interesting as you never know what you will get. You need to keep trying until you find the right ingredients to make a beautiful hot sauce. Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

My hobbies are hiking, writing short stories and poetry, and making wreaths depending on the season either from Rosemary and roses or from pine boughs and holly. 

Best Answer

Yes a place called Silk Road Spice Merchants opened up in my town awhile ago and they carry tons of different dried peppers to make mixtures of every kind.

Friends of mine also grow peppers in their windows in their houses i think.

Interesting hobby.

Best Answer

My hobbies are: Learning new things, creating art, reading and puzzle/mind games. 🙂

Best Answer

@SantiR wrote:

Just found a new hobby! I call it "forest exploration". It consists on going to a random forest/park/woods/green area with trees and explore the place. It's very cool! I did one last weekend and I had a great time on the "unknown". I recommend doing this with a partner! Smiley Very Happy 

I do that when I'm in a photography mood.  It not hard core active, but I revolved a major assignment around photographing trash *And removing it* in the wooded areas around my home.  Nothing like talking to a police officer at 6am, explaining why you are lugging a degraded tire out of the woods behind the park.  

Best Answer

@Cedare wrote:

What's the easiest way to get into genealogy?  I'd love to start but am overwhelmed at how to do it.

Check out your local library 🙂

Best Answer