Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35% discount provided by Support is not applicable for Luxe

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having two faulty charge 3's in the last 18 months I have been offered a discount for a new fitbit.

I wanted the Luxe model, tried to enter my discount code at checkout, the code was accepted but no discount was applied. I contacted fitbit via live chat & was told that the discount doesn't apply to newly launched models. Which I think is a bit unfair seeing as I am prepared to pay the extra £ for a newer model. I shouldn't have to settle for 'old stock'. I should be able to have the model I want.

This doesn't appear to be very good customer service.

Anyone else had this problem?

I'm seriously thinking of leaving fitbit, as their customer service is not good. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/word choice 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, they offered to replace my Versa 2 after I send it back, but would not offer me a discount on the Versa 3 instead.  I agree that is not customer-friendly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @firemanlover. Welcome to the community forums. @vee Nice to see you around. 

@firemanlover@vee I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for the detailed information. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to continue working on improvements to our services.

At this time, I've noticed that you both have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. If you still have additional comments or questions about the outcome of your cases, I recommend replying back to them and they will be more than glad to continue assisting you. 

On a side note, @firemanlover I've moved this thread to the Luxe board to keep our forums organized. Also, @vee If you have any other questions or inquiries about the Versa 2, I recommend posting your questions in a new thread and in the correct board. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

Funny, Wilson. 
Of course we had open cases with Fitbit that’s why we got to the point of possibly being offered a discount!! The lack of discounts had nothing to do with original issues. I don’t think the original poster was asking for support but just venting, as was I! I think that if an older Fitbit dies and they’re going to offer a discount it should be possible to get it on the newer model. 

Best Answer

Having same issue. 2 defective Charge 4's in 6 months.  1st time took the Charge 4 replacement.  When the replacement Charge 4 didn't even last a week, I decided on the "get 50% off any Fitbit" replacement offer.  After numerous attempts to purchase the Luxe model with the 50% off coupon, I opened a chat and was told by the Representative that the offer wasn't valid on the Luxe model.  How does fitbit explain that the Luxe model is excluded from the "50% off any fitbit model" offer?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vee Thank you very much for your reply. @BeachBaker Welcome to the community forums. 

I understand how you are feeling and I appreciate the feedback provided. Please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

@BeachBaker In regards with your question, I'd like to let you know that discounts given as part of the warranty process are not applicable towards a purchase of a new Fitbit product. In this case, 35% discounts or 50% discounts are not applicable for new products like the Fitbit Luxe. Thank you for your continued patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WilsonFitbit .  Then when given the options to either send a replacement at no cost or receive a coupon for 50% off, the Customer Service Rep should qualify the latter with, of course the coupon isn't eligible for our new and latest models,  but we're sure you would like to use the discount coupon on one of our older models to replace the one that needs a replacement under your warranty claim .....Really? What kind of Customer Service is this?  Very disappointing!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@BeachBaker Your comments are very appreciated and important. As mentioned on a post above, these help to continue working on improvements to our services. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
@WilsonFitbit  This is the email that I received when given the coupon code for 50% off a new Fitbit to replace my second defective Charge 4 under my warranty.  Please read it and tell me where it says this code cannot be used on the Luxe model.  It states the only products that are not eligible for this offer are items that are only available for PRE-ORDER, which of course, does not apply to the Luxe model!  If my comments are very appreciated and important in helping Fitbit continue to improve your services, start here and now by allowing the code to be used to  purchase a Luxe model.
"Use discount code *********gsL at checkout on fitbit.com any time in the next 30 days to receive a 50% discount on a new Fitbit device. This code will become active in 24 hours.
Note: The discount doesn’t automatically apply to your order. You must enter your code in the “Have a promo code” box. You might have to expand the “Cart summary” section to see this option.
Offer Terms and Conditions:
  • This offer applies to the price of the device only, not tax and shipping costs.

• If you use this discount on a new device, your current device might stop working after you set up your new device and is no longer eligible for troubleshooting or replacement. We recommend recycling your defective device at any e-waste recycling facility.
  • To take advantage of the discount, you must only have one device in your order. If you wish to purchase more than one (1) device, you must purchase any additional devices in a separate order.
  • This offer can only be applied towards one Fitbit device currently in stock. This offer is applicable to Ace 2 and Ace 3

• If you have a device and an accessory in your cart, the discount will be applied to the device only.
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other device discount offers and it cannot be transferred or resold.
  • This offer cannot be returned, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment on any account except where required by law.
  • The discount offer expires 30 days after receipt.

• This offer cannot be applied toward any Fitbit products that are available for pre-order only.

Happy stepping,
Team Fitbit"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried  to replace my Verse 2 and the discount could not be applied to that either and it is not a new product. 

Best Answer