Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the option to set alarms on the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please add silent alarms back to the app for the luxe!!!! Please. 

I have used Fitbit since you started and I love the silent alarms. But setting them on the watch is clunky. 

please please please put this back on the app!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Personally I think that we should have the option to set alarms on both the app and the tracker. The settings where moved to the tracker on response to users requests 

Have you added your vote to the request

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Can you link the original user request to have the alarm setting moved from app to tracker? i can't find it, thanks.

Best Answer

Hi there, @lmoody @Guitarplayer. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments with regards to our products into consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing our user to use the Fitbit app to set silent alarms. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. As @Rich_Laue has already suggested, please add your comment and vote to this feature: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-ability-to-set-alarms-back-to-the-Fitbit-App...

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you also reply my question @MarreFitbit 

Also I want to highlite that Inspire 2, that have a similar shape of Luxe, have alarm to be set from app not from tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guitarplayer You can find the owner of this Feature Suggestion, right below the title of the suggestion where it says "submitted by".

As for the Inspire 2, please note for Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Charge 5, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa series, set alarms on your device. For instructions, see On-device.

For all other Fitbit devices, set alarms in the Fitbit app. For instructions, see Fitbit app.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I mean the original feature request as linked by rich where users asked alarms to be moved from app to tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guitarplayer We have posted the feature suggested twice above. You can find it either on @Rich_Laue's or my previous post. Or click here to go there.

Best Answer

Dear @MarreFitbit ,

english is not my mother language but I think that i wrote quiet clearly in both my posts

Can you link the original user request to have the alarm setting moved from app to tracker? i can't find it, thanks.

mean the original feature request as linked by rich where users asked alarms to be moved from app to tracker.

Your linked suggestion is to make alarm set again in the app while I want to know the one where users asked to have it moved to tracker.

Is it clear now?

See you here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree!  I spent almost 30 minutes trying to set a single, weekday alarm . . . swiping and tapping away . . . trying to get something set, then, while confirming, inadvertently changing details and having to start over and over and over again.  By my count, I have about 8 alarms set and cant' figure out how to check that or change that.  Seriously????  The app is the logical place to set up an alarm schedule.  Love the idea of a one-off alarm or timer being able to be set on the device, but, I can often have multiple alarms working at one time and being able to set that up on the app in a logical and intuitive way seems like it should be a basic function.  I have no idea what the point of the app for alarms really does.  It doesn't display the preset alarm(s) (can you even set more than one alarm?), can't set an alarm, can't manage an alarm schedule. . .   Sooooo, I've had this device now for only part of a single day, so I'm hoping I'm missing something, but, that alone is concerning. In this day and age, things should be intuitive!!! And, if you can't set an alarm on the app, the app should say, "Sorry sister, you bought the wrong thing, you can't set an alarm on the app, you can swipe and tap away on the device and if you are lucky, you'll get something going, but, don't count on it."   Maybe fitbit will update their app someday and make this part make some sense.  

Best Answer

Agree - it is so much easier to manage several alarms via the app. Also - the mechanism to turn off the alarm is clunky. You slide up to get the red circle, then it disappears before I can push it. 

Best Answer

the post that you linked to is locked and will not allow additional commenting or voting. i too am borderline-distressed about this lack of a feature as i used to rely on it heavily. i recently purchased a new luxe after being without a fitbit when my alta died two years ago, and i cannot believe how horrendous the app is now. it’s impossible to see true accurate information of sleep or steps. and there’s almost no UI functionality like there used to be (and there wasn’t a lot before but it was passable). now it’s focused on the premium plan, discovery, and community - three things which i never  and a majority of fitbit users never use. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hello @MarreFitbit , I'm still waiting for your reply

Best Answer

This is what exactly why I tossed mine in the garbage! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find this hard to believe..it is very difficult to set on the device..especially on the Luxe

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my luxe and was so disappointed the alarm isn’t on the app. I’ll probably return it

Best Answer

Agreed! Makes no sense why Fitbit changed the alarm feature to the watch only, which is very difficult to set up through the finicky watch (same issues mentioned by others here). Shouldn’t be this difficult. I’ve been a long time user of Fitbit and this, plus other difficult features to navigate on the watch, has me starting to look at other brands. 

Best Answer

The only thing that does make sense is that users where very upset that without an Internet connection, with the alarm set through the app, there was no way to set an alarm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned mine for this exact reason. I think the alarms should be able to be set in the app since the screen on the tracker is so small. It’s hard to set the alarm and see the alarm on the tracker and an alarm is something you really don’t wanna mess up. If it is available on both the app and the tracker, that’s a great bonus for some people but most people seem to want it available on the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you think of any other watch that requires an Internet connection to set an alarm on the watch? 

Moving this setting to the app would require an Internet setting to set the alarm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes