Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching more than one device to my account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I currently have an Alta HR. I will be ordering the luxe. I have read on other community posts that for some fitbit devices it is possible to attach more than one devices to my account -- say if I want to switch what I am wearing for a day or two. In this case I could see myself wanting to switch to the Luxe for certain days as well. I read that you can't have more than one device on an account when using certain fitbit devices because they use the app gallery. Will the luxe use the app gallery?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@littlehello   The Alta HR does not have the App Gallery.  You should be fine having both devices on your account at the same time.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@littlehello   The Alta HR does not have the App Gallery.  You should be fine having both devices on your account at the same time.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you @LZeeW ! I was worried that if the Luxe had it, that would cause a problem but it sounds like I am all set! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW wrote:

I have my doubts about that.  I wouldn't really consider the Inspire series having the App Gallery either, but that has same compatible issues.

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking straight, and misinterpreted original question.  Ignore everything I said above.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow   We tend to think of the App Gallery as the source for Fitbit and third-party apps for the smartwatches.  But the Inspire series device page, where you set your Wrist, Reminders to Move, etc., has an Apps tile at the top.  I think the "Aha!" explanation comes from one line in this Help article.  The Exercise App is an app and is part of the App Gallery for the trackers.  I can't tell you what else is there.

The Alta/Alta HR only have SmartTrack.  The Luxe will be getting SpO2 tracking after release.  This means there will be an SpO2 Tracker app added to the Luxe available apps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW sorry if I sound confused but would that mean i can attach two Luxe trackers to my account? A gold and a silver? for a total of two?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@littlehello   I'm sorry, but you can't have two Luxe trackers on your account at the same time.  From the very beginning of Fitbit, you couldn't have two of the same model tracker on your account at the same time.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer

Hi ,

I have a charge 4 and a charge 2 ( sadly now cracked) I’m thinking of buying a luxe but as other users have said , will it be possible to have these two models on one account?

I wish Fitbit would make an advertiser list or show it on the product page . I like to have different models available and charged when needed .

any advice please ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @SunsetRunner currently you cannot combine a Charge4 and a Luxe on the same account, unfortunately.  Multiple tracker support is only available for older devices, so I believe you would be able to combine the Luxe with a Charge 2.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

From Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

JohnnyRow_1-1619535321623.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

I wish they would make different series and a chart stating what Fitbits can be used on same account . 
Oh well, their loss as I’ll just keep the ones I have . 
Thanks again 

Best Answer