Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery problems - replaceable?

Hello

Can you get Fitbit batteries replaced? In the last few months, my Luxe (14 months old) has had more and more battery problems.

Battery drains within about 48 hours from a full charge. Once it gets to about 40%, it goes to 0 really quickly - if I go to bed with it on 40%, it'll be dead by morning.

When I plug it in, when the battery is dead, it'll suddenly jump to anywhere from 20 - 50%, drop back 5 minutes later...

I feel like I spend more time charging or realising it's dead and useless than I do wearing it!

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

It is definitely not authorized.  It is possible you might find someone who claims they could replace the battery but I personally would not chance it.  I assume you are already out of warranty but getting anyone to replace battery void any consideration of getting any help there.  Sorry.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,

I have the same problem! Was checking this forum to find the same answer. My Fitbit is about 2 years old, always worked well, but now it runs out of battery very fast and when I charge it, it jumps to 54% and then drops to 35% in about 2 min.  Is there something wrong with the Fitbit itself or with the charger?

For me the answer from Johnny Row is just not good enough. I don’t know if he s from Fitbit, or just a user like ourselves.  People (or the company Fitbit) can t expect to buy a new Fitbit evers 2 years… My previous one also broke after 2 years, then it was the wrist strap that no longer stayed on, even a new strap did not solve the issue. It was the attachment point itself that was broken. So I bought a new one, the Luxe, smaller and more elegant. Really don’t want to buy another new one knowing it probably won’t be usable for more then 2 years (or 14 months like Rosie).

Can we get a answer from someone from Fitbit please. Are there solutions?

Best Answer

@LaLotje  Don't blame me for just trying to answer her question.  Anyone working for Fitbit has "Fitbit" within user name.

edited to add: I should also add, Anyone working for Fitbit would go out of their way to be much more welcoming and polite than me. I have a tendency to just try to concentrate more on providing the answer, even if it wasn't the answer one wanted to hear. Sorry.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I understand your message. If you re not a Fitbit worker then your answer is understandable and I shouldn’t have blaimed you.  Good to know the name thing.  What I don’t understand is why we don’t get an answer from a Fitbit worker.  But since we didn’t yet, I would want to ask you, in your opinion (with your experience) what is the normal lifespan of a fitbit watch? And is it usually the battery that ends it?

I will probably need to buy another sports - or smartwatch (since this one is having battery problems), and I really want it to work for more then 2 years (like 5 years), so thinking of switching to another brand.  Do you know if other brands work longer?

Best Answer

I'm having this problem too, except I never see 40%. This morning it went from 55% when I woke up to completely dead an hour later. I'm also at the two year mark, and am trying to figure out if there is something that can be done to fix it. 

I've done regular restarts, the restart from the charger and checked to see if any battery-draining settings have been changed (but they haven't). Still keeps dying suddenly in less than two days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

Thanks for all the answers - it's reassuring and frustrating to know it's not just me!

I had an Inspire HR for a couple of years that was great, until (like one of the replies also said), the bit that held the strap snapped so I couldn't use it. Treated myself to a Luxe and it's a disaster. I've been thinking of switching to Garmin for a while and think this might be the push I need. Last night I went to bed with the battery on about 45% when I went to sleep around 1am. Cat woke me up around 5 and when I tried to check the time, battery was dead. Charged it to 100% and took it off the charger about 11am, 5 hours later and it's already on 86%. As someone else has said I've checked i'm not using any major power-using settings, have reset the charger... no difference. Obviously just a fault and it looks as if Fitbit don't care.

Thanks for all the feedback. Off to browse Garmin!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It really looks as if Fitbit don't care, no answers.  Me too, think it will switching back to Garmin (that was the first smartwatch that I bought), they also have an app and everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have just cancelled my Fitbit premium subscription 👍.

Charged my Fitbit to 100% before unplugging it to go away for the weekend Friday lunchtime. Cake home Sunday lunchtime, battery dead. Plugged it in, suddenly it says 54% on the watch, 4% on the app.

Cancelled, planning to buy a Garmin after payday next week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Came home even. No cake sadly!

Best Answer
0 Votes