Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I adjust how many beats per day Luxe tracks?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really am enjoying my Fitbit luxe. I like having a preview into some key health indicators. That said the resting heart rate functionality seems to be really limited. Is there a limit of two beats per day that you can either increase or decrease?  If so, why?  

My chart will show what should be an average resting rate of 55-56 and the daily measure is 58 because the day prior was 60. I have picked up that it appears there is a 2 beat per day limit up or down. It used to be 3. 

why?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Lthj75 and welcome to the Community.  This Help article has a section that describes how Fitbit calculates resting heart rate.  There is nothing to suggest that there is a limit to how much it can change per day.  I looked at my resting heart rate data and saw that I had a 3 bpm change in Nov 2021.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thx. I did too in late 2021.  The app was updated and the change is now limited to 2. You can clearly see at times that the measure is wrong at times if you look at the chart as it sets the number in the morning. Oh well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lthj75   Although the details are proprietary, Fitbit's resting heart rate algorithm looks at your heart rate during periods of rest including sleep.  I just don't think any user can deduce what their resting heart rate should be just by viewing any of the heart rate graphs.  I also don't believe that there is a limit to the daily change.  To help get an answer, I will ask a moderator for input.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I respectfully disagree. The rhr is clear based on the chart and it is currently limited to 2 heartbeats per day. But thanks for the reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Lthj75@LZeeW Thanks for the heads up and your help.

@Lthj75 I'm glad you're enjoying the experience with your Luxe and thanks for the details provided. As our help article describes, your tracker can track your resting heart rate, which is the number of times your heart beats per minute when you’re still and well-rested. While we cannot provide further details about how the sensors and algorithms generate this data, please know all our Fitbit devices have been tested to work correctly, as well as provide accurate information.

While your Luxe isn't the exception, you can always get in touch with our Support team if you feel your heart rate readings are inaccurate. That way they can investigate your tracker's behavior and provide you with assistance. To get connected with them via chat or phone, you only need to click here.

Best Answer

Thanks for not addressing why it doesn’t properly adjust for drops more than 2 heartbeats per day. I bet a lot of part and development went into it but there’s an error and you’re not willing to listen to a customer. Rather you just wanna post and validate that you’re right. Sigh…..

Best Answer

@Lthj75  You can’t estimate your resting heart rate by viewing your daily heart rate graph.  The daily heart rate graph is a graph of your average heart rate over a five minute interval.  Your Fitbit is actually measuring your heart rate more frequently.

It takes a significant health change, by injury or illness, to change your resting heart rate by three beats per day.  It happened to me today, so it’s possible.  There is no error.  I also want to add that my background is human physiology, so I’m very confident about resting heart rate.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

My resting heart rate increased 3 beats per minute between Friday and Saturday last week, so clearly it is possible for that to happen. It's not an error. There was a legitimate medical reason for my heart rate to increase on Saturday. 

Screenshot_20220502-152600_Fitbit.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer