Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair my new Luxe with my phone

"Bluetooth" no longer shows up as an option on the watch and will not pair to the phone. Restarts did nothing.  I just bought this one to replace my old one which I loved. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I don't remember seeing "Bluetooth" as an option on a watch.  The way to add a device is from the phone app, battery icon at upper left > 'Add more devices'.  If your Luxe if still connected, it will note that and ask if this is a replacement.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Celbassist. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties to set up your new Fitbit device. We're here to help you! @JohnnyRow Thank you so much for your input! 

To better assist you, may I know if you removed your old Luxe from your phone's Bluetooth settings? If not yet, this might be causing the issues with your new Fitbit device. With that being said, I'd recommend trying the steps below in the order listed:

• Unpair your old Luxe from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your new Luxe.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Luxe is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all this two weeks ago and the same thing has happened again.  Am I going to have to do this from here on out?  There has to be a better solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! I did not write the query you answered. But you solved my problem. My luxe of many years could not hold a charge so I bought a replacement and have spent weeks trying to set it up. The official directions say variously to do it from “settings” , or from “today.” These do not have a device option. There is no “customer support.” But for you post I would never have tried from the battery icon. When I found it changing devices was easy. 

Best Answer