Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closest to Alta HR, but not able to replace alta with Luxe

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my alta hr has a defective screen and it's not the only one. This is apparently happening to many others at this time. So im just unlucky because it's at the wrong time. The closest style to the alta hr is the luxe, and fitbit is only willing to provide a discount, which cang be used on the similar style.  They refuse to allow me to get some bit of recompense by getting a similar style for a defect that is not my fault. I think the policy needs to be looked at because people don't have many options in regards to devices and either have to pay fill price to replace a device that had a defect. What can be done? Does the company want us to look at other brands and their devices?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Bchase6586  the Inspire 2 would be the closest to your Alta HR, as the Inspire series is what replaced the Alta. It's always been policy that the newest styles of Fitbit can't be had using the discount code. You should be able to use the coupon to get the Inspire 2.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

The inspire sits higher up, it's thicker than the alta. The alta was a slim jewelry design. I've seen the inspire and it's definitely not as slim. So if they truly made the inspire to replace alta, why is it chunkier? I would even be happy with a replacement alta, but they don't have it on their site. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And why can't they revisit that policy since they don't have many options up for sale? Shouldn't the customer be happy and not left feeling like they can't get what they want? The company will still make money and it doesn't isolate the customer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Alta was retired a while back. It was replaced by the Inspire and Inspire HR, which then were replaced by the Inspire 2. There are probably some places still selling it on Amazon or eBay, but those prices are inflated. My Alta HR is $279 or so on Amazon and your Alta is selling for $195. I'm not sure why they have these policies.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping that talking about these policies can shed some light because it is unfair thst we are limited in what we can use to replace a defective screen and a policy limits it even more! If the screen is defective (not my doing since it was a defect, but the rest still works, but its not remotely helpful when I need to see time or steps or whatever), why can't I choose which of the limited products they sell to replace it? Why do they need to impose further limitations making users unhappy? Don't they want consumers to buy the product? Simply saying because it's policy isn't helpful, that's not really a reason, it's an excuse. If there were a wider range of options, it might be easier to choose one I'd be happy with, but as it stands, I am not happy with how they are handling this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Bchase6586 and thank you for your assistance @Odyssey13. I appreciate your comments regarding Alta replacement discount. 

Thank you for your feedback in regards our warranty and discounts, we strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, however, the demands of running a global business require that we now enforce our policies consistently.

I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  

I appreciate your understanding and thank you for visiting the forums. 

Best Answer