Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I charged my Fitbit luxe 2 days ago and it’s dead. How do I extend the luxe battery life? Can I turn off all day syncing. If yes how do I do this. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124
Hi, I decided to go exchange it and my battery is lasting a week. It’s working great now.

Thank you,
Elvi
Best Answer
Has anyone heard directly/personally from fitbit about this? I'm tired of
having to charge twice a day after doing all the things they posted to do!
I want to go back to my old beat up Alta. At least it held a charge for 3
days before I bought this new Luxe.
Best Answer
Yes I have and they keep telling me they are working on it. I don’t want to contact them anymore.
Best Answer
Did you mail yours back?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I have not. Should I? I wish I had bought on Amazon as I would have asked for a replacement 😑
Best Answer
No I went to exchange it at the store cause I had it for only 2-3 days when I noticed that my battery died.

If this is a recent purchase, Fitbit is usually good with exchanges.
Best Answer

@lvred1 Wow I’m glad at least it’s working fine for you now. Sucks for me. I still have the issue. 

I recently got mine too. I’ve talked to the customer support team and they ‘re saying they don’t give exchanges for battery issue????? 😞 Maybe you were lucky! 

Best Answer

I have directly heard from fitbit support team. They have given me some “troubleshooting” tips like restarting the device, updating the app to the latest and such…. so I ended up talking to them multiple times but nothing got fixed. Eventually they told me to wait until they fix the issue. 

Best Answer

I bought mine directly from the company online, I have not sent it back and am not advising you to, I was just wondering. I wish I had purchased mine from Amazon also, much easier to return!

Best Answer
How long ago did you buy it?? That doesn’t sound right.
Best Answer

I pre-ordered it when they were first offered and waited months to get it! It was finally shipped the middle of June so I have had it less than a month.

Best Answer
Im sure there’s a law that forces a business to have to exchange your product. If you’re in Canada, I know that the fit bit was real ease on June 30. You should check to have it exchanged or escalate the issue.
Best Answer

@lvred1 @BBNonna Customer support team has told me Fitbit won’t exchange the product as they believe this is a software issue and replacing with a new one might not solve the issue. 

I even thought of returning mine for a second but they said I’d have to pay for the shipping…. I like luxe aside from having to charge it twice a day and i might wake up with dead device, so I most likely wont return it but just hearing them saying I’d have to pay for the shipping for a product that doesn’t work as they promised surprises me. 

Best Answer
I exchanged mine and I guess it was defective cause the battery died so quickly. This one now lasts me a week without having to charge it. So yes, it would resolve the issue. I think you should complain ans get them to offer you a free return. What kind of customer service is that anyways?!? That’s ridiculous. How much are they charging you for a return?
Best Answer

Mine is the same. Since I got it, I'm getting just about 2 days of battery life despite following all the advice here and turning off all day synch and notifications (which is rendering it quite useless for my needs)

I'm not wearing it to track my sleep and yet it's still draining at least 20% battery overnight.

Have contacted Fitbit but they couldn't help over the chat and have heard nothing back.

As I'm not seeing loads of posts on this here, I wonder if I have a defective unit? 

I really love the Luxe but really don't want to be charging it every other day and not using it in the way I want for fear of draining the battery!

Best Answer

Surly they have to exchange them as its in its year guarantee and doesn't it brake statutory rights if they don't? They have exchanged some people's and apparently they know its an issue so that makes things worse.

Best Answer

Thanks  Angel83 👍 

I've heard nothing back from Fitbit so I guess I'll try and return to the store we bought it from. 

I just don't know whether to try exchanging for another Luxe or replace with another tracker entirely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I had the same problem and I also did a factory reset and now it’s much better. 
    Saturday morning I charged it to 100% and now Monday afternoon it’s at 37. I know they say not to do factory reset but I did it anyway 
Best Answer

This did not work for me.  Unable to update the luxe

Best Answer

Last night before going to bed I charged my luxe to 100%. This morning when I got up and checked and it is at 55%.  

Best Answer