Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe won't pair or sync to my Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my new Luxe yesterday and it paired immediately with both my android phone and my iPad. Was working great. Today it wouldn’t sync at all, so I removed it and started over. Turned Bluetooth on and off, did a restart on the USB port—nothing. Reinstalled the app, updated everything and both devices still can’t find it. What am I missing? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I've followed same steps and reset the Luxe and it worked overnight but didn't this morning.

Best Answer

Hi there, @HP904 @LinS15. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit Luxe devices before reaching out. 

Regarding the syncing difficulties with Android devices, please note that we're aware of this issue and are currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

In addition to the steps you've tried, please try force quitting the app, open the app, and let the app sync. You should avoid going to the device details screen until the device/app finishes syncing. Note that some customers have said that doing this resolves the issue. 

About syncing difficulties with iOS devices, which Fitbit app version do you have installed? Please make sure you've updated it to version 3.43 or later. To do so, see How do I update the Fitbit app?

On a side note, please bear in mind that you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to one account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, only connect one of these devices to your account at a time.

Along with that, please note for Android users they can't use MobileTrack in addition to a Fitbit device. For more information about MobileTrack, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack?

If you have MobileTrack now linked to your Fitbit account you'll need to remove it in order to set up the Fitbit Luxe. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having issues syncing too following the update on Tuesday. I contacted support through chat on Wednesday and they said it's been logged and I'll receive a message via email. No response as yet.

Best Answer

I don't understand if this was a known issue why you released the Luxe.  I have been a Fitbit user for 10 years and have just had three days of consistent frustration. Like many people, I am an Android user.  Just returned my Luxe....

Best Answer

Please remember @HP904 that your tracker will only be able to connect to your Android phone or iPad at any one time. You may need to move away Dr the one device, or turn it's Bluetooth off before it will sync through the other device. This is a limitation on the way Bluetooth works. 

@Annie-Charge3 it only affected a few models of android phones, and has nothing to do with the fitbit trackers. 

@LinS15 you may have to contact fitbit. Do they have your correct email? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have Rich, and I had one message from the chat team 2 weeks ago so they have the correct details for me. I've had various Fitbit smart function watches for over the last 5 years and haven't had this type of issue before. On the occasions I've been in touch with the chat team they haven't mentioned a specific issue with my make and model of Android device and I was really hopeful that the patch update on Tuesday had worked. I don't have it paired to another device and only use my Bluetooth ear buds when running.  I have the updated versions of Android and the Fitbit app, with relevant permissions in place.  I'm reluctant to return as it was a present but it's getting closer to me doing so and reverting to my charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes