Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off the Fitbit Luxe?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you turn the luxe on and off?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @kellygallag. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As @SteveH has mentioned, there are certain Fitbit devices you can turn off, but Fitbit Luxe is not included in this category.

Is there a reason why you want to turn off your Fitbit Luxe? Are you experiencing issues with your Fitbit device? If you experience any of the following issues and you've checked your settings, restart your device:

• Won't sync
  • Won't respond to taps, swipes, or button press
  • Won't track steps or other data
  • Won't show notifications or reminders

For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Only some fitbit models can be turned off. As you can see from the list below, the Luxe is not one of them, and is on all the time.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1257.htm

Best Answer

Hi there, @kellygallag. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As @SteveH has mentioned, there are certain Fitbit devices you can turn off, but Fitbit Luxe is not included in this category.

Is there a reason why you want to turn off your Fitbit Luxe? Are you experiencing issues with your Fitbit device? If you experience any of the following issues and you've checked your settings, restart your device:

• Won't sync
  • Won't respond to taps, swipes, or button press
  • Won't track steps or other data
  • Won't show notifications or reminders

For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

The reason "I" want to turn off my Luxe, is because I also own a Sense. I use the Luxe for dressy occasions and the Sense for most wear. So please, HOW do I turn off the Luxe? If it can be restarted, there must be a way to turn it off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Synch your device, go to your profile page, delete the Luxe and set up the new device you want.  You will probably have to pair the device also but that's one way to swap out the trackers.  The alarms will still chirp until the battery is drained down so put the device in a drawer until the battery is quiet or you want to start using the Luxe again. 

I have an Inspire 2 that I like a lot better than the Luxe for several reasons including keeping a charge.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SensibleGal  the answer is you can't turn it off. See the article that was linked above? It was never built into the Luxe to be able to turn it off.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I know how to switch between my 2 watches as I do it all the time. I don’t have a problem with either of my Fitbits keeping a charge. I just wanted to know how to turn off the Luxe in order to stop the battery from draining when I’m wearing my Sense. It’s not good for a battery to completely drain, so I guess I’ll just have to remember to charge it up once a week when I’m not wearing it. I love the looks of my Luxe for dressing up… hubby bought me the gold bracelet with it, for xmas. It’s beautiful. 

Best Answer