Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Luxe Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Luxe Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Luxe. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone!

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Luxe users have reported successfully updating to firmware update (1.171.50), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Luxe, check out this link  for some best practices on how to update your device.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Luxe unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic.

Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions on this thread.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

My Luxe hasn't been syncing well for several days. I got the firmware release announcement in the App two days ago. Since then, I've tried updating multiple times a day. My Luxe is fully charged and connected to the charger; the wifi is at full strength and I've placed the phone and Luxe right beside the router; I've tried connecting the Luxe via a USB to my computer, restarting Luxe and phone, and logging out of the app. I've also tried doing it all while swearing very loudly a few times in case that helped. No luck. The Luxe has been refusing to sync at all since about 10am this morning. Luckily my Premium sub is up for renewal in a couple of weeks so if it doesn't get sorted in another day or two, I'm another customer off to Apple watch.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner ,

My daughter still didn't get the update on her Luxe. Can you please show some pictures of the new clock face?

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Sure, good luck!

55E0D090-EF26-4916-9DF9-68E3A7921336.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Luxe for less than two weeks.  Interesting how it was keeping track of my sleep as it should up until this past Wednesday. (Recent update) Now I get half of a nights sleep.  It’s almost like when I get up to use bathroom, it thinks I’m up for the day.  And that is my sleep for the night. 

Best Answer

I wish I had never updated it, is there a way to change it back. The EOV cannot be correct. I remember my previous charts, the new one has a lot of orange spikes on days I know I didn't have any before.

Best Answer

Having some spotty issues with Luxe (e.g. erroneous random HR spikes, logging sleep sessions while clearly awake and active , etc.). Sounds like this latest version is supposed to fix?

Fitbit app shows I still have the previous firmware version for Luxe, but insists it's already up to date (even when manually checking for updates). I've reconfirmed I'm using latest version of Fitbit app. Was this update pulled? Or how do I resolve Fitbit app not recognizing there's a newer firmware version?

Best Answer

After I installed the firmware update, my Charge 5 stopped working.  It is stuck on the clock face and no longer scrolls horizontally or vertically.  It loses it's charge rapidly after being unplugged from the charging cable - from 100% to 4 or 5 % in just a few minutes.  It does not record any activity.  As it was working fine before the firmware update, I suspect that the update is the cause of these issues.  The community feedback indicates many others are having similar problems.  Is there a fix available for the firmware update?  What do i do with my replacement fitbit to avoid these issues recurring?

Best Answer

After reading all the feedback on the LUXE(and others), I’ve decided to return mine to where I bought it before my 30 days is up.  I never had a choice to update manually, it did it itself.  I usually wait to update anything until I’ve waited at least a week and check feedback.  I love the tracker and want to get another one.  I will continue to check and when I see that FitBit has corrected whatever they changed, I’ll order another one.  I refuse to reset, delete and reinstall app, etc. not my problem.  it worked fine for first 10 days. Meanwhile I’ve gone back to using my Inspire HR which has worked perfectly for three years. Maybe they will release a new Inspire.  Good Luck, y’all. 

Best Answer

1.171.50 update: love it! Completely fixes my problem with the timer! Now timer stays running when display goes off. Auto wake now shows timer instead of clock and timer does not pause itself. Thank you! Indispensable feature to me as I am partially deaf.

Find My Phone is useless though. Only works within Bluetooth range and if app is running. If I’m that close I can see the phone myself! And I do not leave the app running as it drains my phone battery.

One step at a time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  According to my EOV, I should be mostly dead now.  It was always green before.  

Best Answer
Definitely a firmware issue. Mine worked fine up until the update.
Best Answer

After installing the most recent update, my Fitbit luxe has been stuck on the clock screen and will not respond to any taps, left, right or vertical swipes. It still tracks my progress and syncs in the app, but I am unable to use any other feature on it other than looking at the time. I have tried forcing restart using the charging cable and that did not help. 

Best Answer

I switched from the fitbit luxe to an apple watch due to connectivity issues several months ago. I do not regret the choice one bit, and I won't be purchasing another fitbit.

Best Answer

Went ahead and did the update yesterday.  Had 0 problems before I updated.  Now my Fitbit Luxe is stuck at 164 steps and won't move.  I've done everything.  And nothing.  It's going back to Costco.  I think this the last straw (after other issues with other Fitbits).  I'll have to move to an Apple Watch.  

Best Answer

I've had the update yesterday today the step count went from 8000 showing during my walk (6 hours ago) to 6000 right now....(it was the same day fyi) also it doesn't automatically recognize when I'm bicycling or walking...which was perfectly recognized before the update....what can I do to fix this? 

Best Answer

Since this updated a few days ago, I now see in my oxygen levels are all over the place, not just for last night but for all nights since I've been with fitbit. In the past it never looked this erratic.

Best Answer

@Sissytexan same

Best Answer
I really don’t think it is up to us to fix it. It’s obviously a firmware issue.
Best Answer

Same. Restarted my iPhone, Bluetooth on and off, switched the charger the Luxe is using to three different USB ports, deleted the FB app and reinstalled it. I hit the button on the charger cord 3 times, more times,...I have lost count of the number of times trying to update, at least a dozen times total. Here at home, at the office. No success. Now my Luxe cannot be found by my phone, my app or anything even though it's been charging now for 24 hours 2 inches away from my phone. Therefore I cannot use the Luxe at all.

Best Answer