Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Luxe is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Luxe. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95
I am not sure- I really don't know what to get but I did look at some on
Amazon today.
If you decide on something let me know what you pick and I'll let you know
too.
I'm going to try to narrow it down tomorrow.

Lois

<>
Virus-free.www.avg.com
<>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

May luxe will not use wifi now, reset many times works for a bit than doesn’t work on wifi without resetting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never even knew the wrist turn was a function. Mine has always been reluctant to respond to the tap but now its decided to sulk and remain blank for much of the time.

bottom line is it’s just not reliable anymore!  😟

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem as you and yes it is time to move on to a different company!!

so very disappointed in this Fitbit product!!

Best Answer
So true. Mind just stops randomly even when it’s fully charged!

I’m going to try taking it back to factory settings but not sure that’ll make any difference. Anyone tried that yet?

Sent from Frances
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have factory re-set my device probably 20 times in the span of a few months and it does not do anything at all. All that usually happens when I do this is spend an additional 20 to 30 minutes trying to pair the device again with constant failure. Yesterday when I charged my Fitbit, it unpaired with everything and I couldn't even get past the step of entering the four digit code. I would enter the code and it would say the code is incorrect. This happened about 10 times, so I had to reset the Fitbit from the flat button on the charger, forget the device on my bluetooth settings, close the Fitbit app, turn off bluetooth, turn off my phone, wait 30 seconds, turn back on my phone, re-open the app, and try to pair again. I got past the number screen but then it could not establish a bluetooth connection until I re-tried 4-5 times. This device has been such a waste of time and money it's ridiculous.

Best Answer
Ah no point in trying then.

So frustrating I never had any functionality issues until the software upgrade at the beginning on this year! 😡😡

Sent from Frances
Best Answer

I don't think it's possible to do a factory reset. The process I keep seeing only erases the user data, but it doesn't revert the device back to the original factory setting. Erasing the data is not the same as a factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand where you are coming from.
It’s totally frustrating and annoying. As you say a total waste of time and money as customer service is abysmal in its lack of helpfulness.

Better to move on to a different brand going forward.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble with sleep tracking. There is a new graphic for sleep stages. When I go to "Benchmark" there is a message underneath the graphic that says  " [ -- ] Typical range for people like you." But that never shows up. It was there before the change in graphic. That is helpful information to have, but now it's missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the new update, why does nothing I do automatically show as exercise on my Luxe? I walk every day, and although my steps are measured and my active zone minutes are measured with other activities (e.g, yardwork), it does not show as exercise. It is ridiculous to have have to 98 active zone minutes and 9800 steps not equate to "exercise". It is useless to have a fitness "tracker" that makes you manually input activities to show your exercise instead of it automatically accounting for it previously. This new "update" is very frustrating and basically useless on many levels (don't even get me started on the sleep graph 😑).

Best Answer
Hi

I don’t have that information on mine either.
I much preferred the old sleep graphics personally.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

i called about the lack of sleep data and nearly unreadable sleep graphics since the latest update. The tech support person told me that the technical team added “improved” graphics (huh??) and is “still working on how to add back in the other features”. He also said some features will now only be available to premium users.

I hope Fitbit reads these comments because their product is now worthless as a sleep tracker. 

Best Answer

After I got my new Fitbit luxe this year, I installed the update… after that nothing but problems like everyone else. I ended up contacting google support and asking for a replacement. I dropped mine off to a fedex location and they sent me a refurbished but just like new replacement device. I have it now and the app keeps showing “update available”. I will not be installing it. Only downside is the clock face I want to use is unavailable as well as a lot of others but I’ll live with the options I have without the update and risk of likely malfunction that will happen like before. Good luck to everyone. I would suggest doing the same if you can. 

Best Answer
Glad you got sorted. Mine is two years old plus, problems began just after 2 year warranty expired (John Lewis) at first I thought it was my fault then realised that it wasn’t holding charge after contacting Fitbit and following instructions to reset and to install update etc it’s all gotten a lot worse as you ate well aware with your own experience. Anyway I don’t reckon they would send me a refurbed watch!!

Good luck with yours
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine must of automatically updated when I put it on the charger and I hate it!

I thought I would get used to it but it’s terrible.

If they don’t figure way to allow us to go back to previous version I will be shopping for another product and won’t be Fitbit.

Best Answer