Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe is acting odd after a restart

I put my luxe on to charge ten hours ago when it was at 12% while I jumped into the shower, it started charging like normal, but when I came back it was at 0%. I tried the normal things like reconnecting the charger, cleaning the connection, plugging the charger into a different plug, nothing worked. Then I pushed the button on the charger three times and it restarted so I thought it was all good and left it to charge while I went to church...when I came back two hours later it was fully charged, but showed 2am, 1st January. No idea what happened! I cannot get it to sync with my Google Pixel phone, but the whole thing is weird: the app shows my luxe is connected and I'm still getting notifications from my phone on my Fitbit, but my alarms and changes I made in the past to the exercise section are gone; my walk from this morning is in the app but all the steps I took prior to charging are gone and the two walls I took this afternoon have not shown up but the steps I've taken since charging show up on the app and match what my Fitbit currently says even though it won't sync. The phone app is up-to-date (yes, I checked), I turned Bluetooth off and on and made sure my luxe was connected, I've restarted the Fitbit app as well as my phone multiple times each, nothing works. Finally in desperation I tried doing a chat with customer service through the Fitbit app, I sent my first message and it completely froze on my phone, the keyboard disappeared and I needed to force stop the app to be able to do anything. Any suggestions??

1000046653.jpg

1000046645.png

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @blueberry5568. It's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear about your data loss. I understand how you must be feeling, I will do my best to help you with this!

To better assist you, may I know when was the last time sync of your Luxe before performing all troubleshooting steps you've mentioned? While reading your post, it seems like your Luxe was not able to sync lately (I mean, not just today that you posted here, but previous days).

If the above describes your situation, that would explain the issue you're having now. Please note that it's an expected behavior if your Fitbit device hasn't synced for a long period of time. Going a bit deeper into this, note that most Fitbit devices store up to 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. If you wait longer than 7 days before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data. Summary data (calories, distance, steps, and floors) will be stored for 30 days. Nevertheless, if your Fitbit device was unpaired from your Fitbit account during this period of time, neither the 7 days can be recovered or restored.

My best advice for these instances is to make sure that your Luxe is syncing periodically or at least, once a day. If by any chance you have been experiencing syncing difficulties, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Nevertheless, if you remember the exact amount of steps or the name of the activity you performed, you can try manually logging the activity. For more information, see How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes