Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe is tracking too many calories burned

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit calories is showing way higher than I believe it really is. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @_maggie. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Luxe. 

I was wondering the same as @Odyssey13🤔 I'd also like to ask if you you recently updated your weight (or other profile settings such as height, age etc)? If you did, I'd double check your personal information to see if your weight and height were properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @_maggie  you logging your food or do you mean burned calories?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @_maggie. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Luxe. 

I was wondering the same as @Odyssey13🤔 I'd also like to ask if you you recently updated your weight (or other profile settings such as height, age etc)? If you did, I'd double check your personal information to see if your weight and height were properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer