Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe keeps turning off itself suddenly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit always turn off itself suddenly. Everytime it turns off, I have to try several times to charge and reset it. I thought it is time to buy a new one. However, it happens to my new one too!!!!! And, it is even worst!!!!! I saw there are some users having the same problem but I don't see you guys gave a good solution. You just tell us to charge and reboot. It is too annoying everytime when I go to gym with the fitbit is OFF. Then what is the reason in wearing it?!?!?!?!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @sher1008. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your new Luxe is still crashing itself suddenly. I understand how annoying this can be, I will do my best to help you with this!

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have been debating on getting a new device due to these issues brought up a few months ago.

It is disappointing to see that your new device is still encountering the same issue!!

Here is all I've tried:

• Switched clock faces
  • Reset user data
  • Three button press on charging cable device reset
  • Firmware update to 194.91
  • Drained battery to 0% as best I could with it shutting off on its own before it could get to zero—and left it on the charger for a full day

Notifications or any type of vibration turns off my current device.

The only thing that has helped to get SOME functionality out of it is to turn it on Do Not Disturb mode, so it doesn't vibrate—meaning no alarms, timers, notifications, or reminders to move. And even then, I have to plug it into the charger every 1.5 days as the charge just will not last even from 100%, which is what made me think that it was a battery degradation after 2 years of use.

Sure, Google offers a recycling program but I am uncomfortable with having to keep buying a new product that doesn't hold longevity, where lithium batteries do not have an economical recycling process, and more plastic and waste ends up in the landfill.

It also appears that all colours except for the black Luxe has been pulled from the online store, which makes me think that there may be more problems with this product than is being stated.

Sadly, with past experience combined with knowing a new device is having so many issues, I will be looking to other brands.

Best Answer

Agreed 100%

we are trying to track our house, and it keeps shutting off randomly! There should be a reset on the watch itself!

Best Answer

None of this works!  Only solution seems to buy another device other than Fitbit. 

Best Answer