Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe screen has developed horizontal stripes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Luxe for just 3 weeks and yesterday instead of the clock face on the screen there is nothing but horizontal green lines. Nothing happens if I swipe, I changed the clock face on the dashboard but nothing different, still green lines. I updated the tracker this morning and have rebooted it twice, still nothing. The device continues to monitor sleep and exercise which is readable on my phone. Please advise thankyou

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If you are having issues with your Luxe display, let’s try a restart with the following steps: 

• Connect your device to the charging cable. 
  • Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Hi, @gilroycarol, welcome to the community, It appears you have a hardware fault on your Luxe, I recommend you talk to "Customer Support" here. For a prompt response use the Chat facility or phone number.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If you are having issues with your Luxe display, let’s try a restart with the following steps: 

• Connect your device to the charging cable. 
  • Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Luxe did the same thing after just 3 weeks! The only way I could see my clock or any exercise data, was to look "through" my phones fitbitapp.

VERY frustrating. I tried cleaning the back (lightly with rubbing alcohol ) and I tried "rebooting " it. Nothing worked.

My old fitbit Alta worked wonderfully for 4 YEARS! I am so disappointed , as I love the look and size of the Luxe, and had hoped it would give me at least a couple of years of use for the price.......

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KatarinaSofia. Thank you for mentioning all the steps you have followed in order to see your clock.

I understand how frustrating this could be and noticed that you already received assistance from our team.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to my luxe today after 3 weeks of receipt too

Best Answer

Tried the reboot but doesn’t resolve

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Sheepadoodle. I'm sorry to hear that your Luxe screen developed horizontal lines too and thank you for letting us know that you tried the reboot. 

I noticed that you also got in touch with our team and received assistance.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
Everything else works fine I just don’t use it as a watch…disappointed though, sending it back appears difficult also looking at reviews

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks. Yes, a very helpful person talked me through things and helped me out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @gilroycarol@KatarinaSofia

@gilroycarol, I´m sorry to hear you don´t use your Luxe as a watch. Have you tried changing your tracker´s clock face?

@KatarinaSofia, I´m glad to hear you got assistance. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
Yes tried changing face doesn’t work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for troubleshooting this issue with us @gilroycarol.

Do you see the Fitbit logo or a smiley face on your Luxe after restarting it or only the lines?

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer

Good evening, I have had my Fitbit for just over a year now and after charging it a couple of weeks ago, every screen has horizontal lines on the face. I have tried to restart it but it has made no difference and therefore in need of help. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Maddie1964@ldburek. Thank you for letting us know that you have tried to restart your Luxe in order to remove the horizontal lines on the face @Maddie1964.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Please try changing your tracker's clock face with the steps of: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just tried changing the clock face to Liberty and the display on the watch
is fading in and out. The device appears to be tracking everything but the
watch display intermittently does not work. It's a shame because I love the
size of the Luxe but it is frustrating. If I want to know the time, I have
to check my phone. If I want to know my stats, I have to go online.
Sometimes it displays properly, but often it doesn't.

Linda
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch display has poor illumination . I have tried all the troubleshoot provided by you and restated 5 to 6 time by clicking up the flat switch in the usb port. Also changed my watch fach but nothing happened so what to do ? I am so frustrated 

My Fitbit luxe is running in the latest version 

I kept my brightness level max but still facing poor illumination why this happening from last 2 days .

Plz help me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @ldburek and welcome, @GlitteryS. Thank you for trying advised troubleshooting steps.

I understand how frustrating this could be and could you please confirm that you have restarted your tracker with the instructions of the Best Answer @ldburek?

@GlitteryS, I noticed that you´ve already got in touch with our team and are receiving assistance. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all the steps to bring my luxe to perfect working condition but still facing dim brightness in the band and low sensitivity. I kept my brightness level max but nothing happened why? Plz help  

I need solution i can't see properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes