Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe - wish for alarms to vibrate randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Luxe (or any Fitbit product) have the ability to set the clock so that it makes an alarm/beeping/vibration at RANDOM times throughout the day?  Like for quick-exercise reminders or something.

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

No.  Closest thing is "Reminders to move" at ten til the hours if you haven't take at least 250 steps that hour.

Product Feedback , but wouldn't hold your breath for getting new suggestions added soon.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Interesting - thanks!  You know I just may try that and who knows - it could work for me 🙂  Does anyone have any SIMPLE dumbed-down instructions for how to set up a "Reminder To Move" and limit it to certain daylight hours?  I'm looking online and the only instructions I can see I can't understand.  They're either too vague, or don't apply to my device, or I can't figure out where to click or tap.  I clicked "today" in the Fitbit app, but don't see the word "devices" anywhere.  Or should I be doing this on the fitbit watch itself?  I'm am NOT a tech genius, just looking for basic easy step-by-step directions.  Or does is "reminder to move" feature not even available on the Luxe model?  (If not, that would explain my confusion!)  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone app Today screen Gear (Settings) icon top right > Activity & Wellness > Daily Activity > Hourly Activity Goal

Might be other ways to get there too.  Don't remember limits on beginning and end time; think 14 hours is the max; maybe 8 hrs min, but it will guide you if you go outside limits.  If don't have at least 250 steps that hours, it beeps at ten till.  Might vary by device.  I think most or all tell you how many you lack right on device; some devices let you check anytime during hour how you are doing, some you have to wait til ten of to see if get a beep.

Then can see see results as "Hourly activity" on Today phone screen, though common complaint is that it doesn't always update completely. I find it's just display problem and usually will update if I left arrow back to yesterday, then back to today, at least on Android.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Phone app Today screen Gear (Settings) icon top right > Activity & Wellness > Daily Activity > Hourly Activity Goal

Excellent thanks!  I did that, and tapped the "Set Goal" button, but now what?  Nothing seems to have happened, I didn't get any kind of confirmation message or anything (screen-shot below). I actually couldn't care less about how many daily steps I take, I only need this as an hourly "reminder" vibration to do some deep-breathing exercises for a minute or two throughout the day, that I should be doing more of but can never seem to remember or have the time.

fitbit - screen shot.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, then I completely misunderstood what you wanted.  I guess I didn't explain well that this to remind you to get up and move for a few minutes if you have been sitting still all hour, to remind you to move at least 250 steps (quick-exercise) each hour in the given time range.  As I explained, it's not going to do anything until 10 til the hour in that time range if you have not done 250 steps within that hour, then it will buzz and remind you to take you so many steps to reach 250 in the next 10 minutes.  But it sounds like that might not suit your interest at all.  If so, perhaps you might want to just turn that all off.

What you want is the "Relax" breathing app on the Luxe.  I never did much with that.  I don't think it gives reminders but I could be wrong there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Bad news - that didn't work after all 😞  I followed those instructions to the letter, and today my Fitbit didn't vibrate at all, at any point in the day, even though I never took more than 250 steps (to test out this feature).  Do you have any other ideas on how to turn out this "Reminder To Move" thing?  I'll try contacting Fitbit support too, but I don't know how helpful that will be.  Thanks for your assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you don't have "do not disturb" turned on.  Can test my setting an alarm a few minutes in the future to make sure you hear it vibrate.  If so, then make sure you are looking at your tracker just before it hits 10 minutes before the hour.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Make sure you don't have "do not disturb" turned on.  Can test by setting an alarm a few minutes in the future to make sure you hear it vibrate. 

Great, thanks! I just confirmed that I apparently do NOT have that "do not disturb" feature turned on.  Up until today, I had never actually set an alarm before on my FitBit, so that was kinda interesting, figuring out how to do that.  The watch did vibrate as expected a few times right at the alarm time I set up, so I know that part of it works. I found this interesting blurb in the Luxe instruction manual online https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_luxe_en_US.pdf 

Track your hourly activity
Luxe helps you stay active throughout the day by keeping track of when you're stationary and reminding you to move.
Reminders nudge you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. You feel a vibration and see a reminder on your screen at 10 minutes before the hour if you haven't walked 250 steps. When you meet the 250-step goal after receiving the reminder, you feel a second vibration and see a congratulatory message.

....which unfortunately doesn't seem to be correct.  Certain hours today I walked less than 250 steps (screen-shot below) and never got a vibration....and  then certain hours I walked more than 250 steps....and still also never got a vibration!  No "congratulatory message" either, I'm sorry to report.  What am I doing wrong?  

fitbit luxe steps.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, the congratulatory message would only be if you had first gotten a warning at 10 til, and then hit 250 steps between then and the hour.  If you already had 250 steps before 10 til, no warning or congratulations.

2nd, although you showed earlier you had time set for 10-6, check for which days. I forget the combos but can set it maybe just for certain days, just weekends, just weekends, maybe just the day you set it, or whatever.  Just go back where you set that and check  the days it is set for.

And make that manual your friend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It turns out once I restarted my FitBit (like manually shut it down & restarted it back up again) and adjusted a few settings, then this "Reminder To Move" feature did start working for me.  I was actually surprised at how easy it was to contact FitBit customer service, just went right to the website https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support and they even have a toll-free # you can call and ask questions.  I also found out that the 250 minimum # of steps it takes to trigger the "Reminder To Move" vibration can't be adjusted.  Like users can't change that # from 250 to 100, or to 500, or whatever.  But I've felt the vibration at 10-minutes to the hour a few times yesterday and today, so I guess it's all good now!  It's a quick buzz though - very brief, silent, easy to miss unless you're paying attention.  If I had one wish it would be that they'd make the "Reminder To Move" vibration for 2-3 seconds longer, or a few times in a row or whatever.  

Best Answer
0 Votes