Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe won't show the correct time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting randomly about a week ago, my Fitbit Luxe clock is 18 minutes slow and is apparently impossible to fix to the correct time. This is basically making my Fitbit useless to me! It is linked to my Google Pixel 6 android phone.

Things I have ALREADY TRIED (multiple times each, and in multiple different orders) but they have all failed to correct the problem:

• Verified in online settings (https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile) that timezone is correct and that device is setting the time "automatically"
  • Verified in phone settings that timezone is correct and that phone is setting the time "automatically"
  • Restarted Fitbit 
  • Restarted phone
  • Unlinked and relinked phone to Fitbit
  • Closed and restarted Fitbit app on phone
  • Logged out and back in from Fitbit app on phone
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit app on phone
  • Turned Fitbit location settings on and off
  • Turned phone location settings on and off
  • Allowed Fitbit battery to fully die before recharging
  • Turned phone's WiFi, 5G data, and bluetooth on and off

NONE of these things has corrected the time. It persists at being 18 minutes slow. How do I fix this??? Please help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @mweitzman2. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Luxe before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please keep in mind that your Fitbit device may show an incorrect time if it hasn't synced or has been unpaired from your Fitbit account. Your Fitbit device uses the time of the device you're syncing with. To make sure your watch has recently synced, go to your Fitbit account, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.

If by any chance you are running into syncing issues, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? or if  you need to relink your watch, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

If none of the above works for your, I recommend changing your time zone to a completely different one, sync your device, put the correct time and sync again. 

On a side note, also please make sure that your Fitbit Luxe is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @mweitzman2. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Luxe before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please keep in mind that your Fitbit device may show an incorrect time if it hasn't synced or has been unpaired from your Fitbit account. Your Fitbit device uses the time of the device you're syncing with. To make sure your watch has recently synced, go to your Fitbit account, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.

If by any chance you are running into syncing issues, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? or if  you need to relink your watch, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

If none of the above works for your, I recommend changing your time zone to a completely different one, sync your device, put the correct time and sync again. 

On a side note, also please make sure that your Fitbit Luxe is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit, thanks for your help. I also wanted to mention that the time on my phone is correct. So it's not an issue of the Fitbit pulling an already incorrect time from my phone.

Current firmware version: 58.20001.151.16

Last sync: July 23  -- wow this is really out of date, I wonder why it it stopped automatically syncing ... ?

I tried to re-sync following the instructions provided. But the "syncing" icon on the right side just spins indefinitely, with no sync outcome. I force quit the app and tried again several times.

So then I tried to force an "update the tracker software" from the phone app. This took about 20 minutes to complete, but it looks like it actually worked... Fitbit has the correct time now!!! 

Updated firmware version: 58.20001.171.50

YAY!!! Thank you MarreFitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes