Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe won't vibrate with notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought the new luxe a week ago. It was working perfectly until yesterday when the vibration for notifications stopped.

DND is off, watch is updated, phone is updated, notifications turned on, I have restarted the app, my phone, and the watch all several times. Any ideas on what I can do to get the vibration back on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Susacop Awesome! I'm happy to hear that your issue is solved now. Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. 🙂

@TinkisFit Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

As mentioned in this post, please make sure that quiet hours, or driving mode setting on your phone aren't turn on since your Fitbit device receives notifications but won’t alert you. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for making sure that everything had been set correctly on your phone and Fitbit Luxe. 

While reading your post I was wondering if your Luxe is vibrating for other features? Such as alarms, goals, etc.? If it's not, please see Why didn't my Fitbit device alert me?

Besides the DND, please note that when you turn on the quiet hours, or driving mode setting on your phone, your Fitbit device receives notifications but won’t alert you. Swipe right from the clock face to open the quick settings screen. Tap the do not disturb icon or sleep mode icon For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have this same problem…. Still not sorted 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was advised to do a hard reset by connecting my device to the lead and then pressing the reset button by the USB port 3 times but with a second between each time, you should see a Fitbit logo and it should have reset. I’ve just gone to my vibration settings and it’s actually working again 😁

Best Answer

Hello, I too have just received my new Luxe Fitbit.  Was so excited and immediately charged and set it up.  The vibrations work for the alarms, and reminders, but, does the Luxe vibrate when you have text or calls coming in.  If it does, I can't figure that part out.  Thanks in advance for your input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Susacop Awesome! I'm happy to hear that your issue is solved now. Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. 🙂

@TinkisFit Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

As mentioned in this post, please make sure that quiet hours, or driving mode setting on your phone aren't turn on since your Fitbit device receives notifications but won’t alert you. 

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer

Hi

I've always had my driving mode on on my phone and with my Alta always received vibration alerts.  I have it on now and don't receive vibrations.  Is the Luxe different to the alta?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @LesleyVII. Welcome on board. 

No, it's not different from the Alta. Nevertheless, if you've switched phones from Android to iOS, that would explain why this feature is not working now. 

As mentioned above, when you turn on the do not disturb or driving mode setting on your phone, your Fitbit device receives notifications but won’t alert you. However, with Android phones you can set your Fitbit device to always send you notifications:

1. Tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Notifications.
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Best Answer
Hi
I’ve just upgraded from one iPhone to latest iPhone so still in iOS.

I’ve never had a problem before with no vibrations and I don’t even get vibrations when I’m at home and not using dnd.

Lesley.

Sent from Lesley's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @LesleyVII. Thanks for those details. 

Have you checked if your Luxe (not your phone) isn't either on DND nor sleep mode? When the do not disturb setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders are muted.
  • The do not disturb icon illuminates in quick settings.

When sleep mode is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist. To wake Luxe, firmly tap the screen twice.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in quick settings.

Best Answer