Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum mesh Luxe band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my new Luxe but the platinum mesh band has huge design flaws and actually prevents me from being able to wear it.  It sticks to anything magnetic---grocery carts, purses, cooking utensils, etc--and rips it off and it goes flying and will only take so much before being permanently  damaged or lost.  There is no safety catch and the adjustment bar constantly loosens and the clasp frequently pinches the skin when clicked.  It was ridiculously expensive for a poorly designed accessory.   I had a $10 magnetic mesh band from Amazon on the Fitbit I just replaced and it's still perfect after 4 years and very well designed I didn't mind the price for the look I wanted because I don't like the pink band, but this item should be redesigned and replaced at no cost to the consumer. .        

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's a shame, but thanks for your input. I really love the band and was going to get it, but I'll pass now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

That's a shame, but thanks for your input. I really love the band and was going to get it, but I'll pass now.

Best Answer

I have the same complaint. I’m sure they could make it magnetic on one side, and not magnetic on the outside. Every time I go in my refrigerator, the band pops off. If I’m vacuuming, it sticks to the vacuum wand. For the price that we all paid for this it should have a better design. Fitbit, you need to get on this problem ASAP!

Best Answer

Thanks.  Was planning to buy but will wait until flaw is redesigned. You saved me aggravation. I would contact customer service for a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with mine. 

Best Answer

...isn't this the same with all magnetic bands though?

Apple have a magnetic Milanese band which attached to itself with a magnet - I'm sure if you put your wrist next to anything magnetic---grocery carts, purses, cooking utensils, etc, it would do the same exact thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a much cheaper metallic band from Amazon for my previous Fitbit and had none of theses problems.

Best Answer
I did the same and the $10 Amazon band was a quality product I used for years on my old Fitbit. Unfortunately, the Luxe requires a different band attachment and no knock offs are available. The Luxe platinum band is just impossible to wear and I can’t believe Fitbit hasn’t even acknowledged that the design is defective.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After struggling with this problem for months, with no company acknowledgement or helpful customer support, I finally found that Amazon has a new silver mesh band designed to attach to the Luxe.  It's just like the band I bought in the past from Amazon for my old Fitbit and used for four years with no problems.  $10.

Best Answer

I agree that the magnetic clasp on my platinum mesh Luxe band is beautiful, but it is VERY POORLY designed! Mine came off 4 different times yesterday alone…the magnet attaches to EVERYTHING from a shopping cart to my dog’s collar to my toaster, I’m on my third band…the first watch was lost somewhere in my house and I’m sure I’ll find it eventually, but the battery is long dead and can no longer find with the Wundefind app I recently discovered. The second one was lost but the app found it for me, but then the band separated from the clasp and I was unable to reattach it. The third band (now getting WAY too costly to replace again) is working fine, except for the tendency to attach to everything else and get pulled off. I will not be replacing it again and may need to go back to the Inspire 2 design to continue with a silver bracelet band and narrow design I prefer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha, I've just spent an hour trying--and failing--to adjust the mesh band. None of the tips/videos work for me. Now I see it doesn't matter, because once I start wearing it all the time, I'm going to be so annoyed by the band sticking to everything magnetic that I'll probably stop wearing it anyway. Really, really wish I had not splurged on this (for a Luxe that malfunctions all the time anyway). Sigh.

Best Answer
Yep, I have managed to keep mine going but it is very very annoying. And yes like you it took me ages to work out how to adjust it. In the end I worked out it is as simple as just pulling the clasp along the strap!
Poor product for a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I solved the problem by taking the advice of several others…I went on Amazon and found the Luxe-capable silver mesh band for under $10, ordered it, had it in 2 days, and it works GREAT! Threw the expensive Fitbit band away and couldn’t be happier! It doesn’t stick to anything and and easily adjusted!

Kathi Whitten Proulx
1030 Martini Lane
Bedford, KY 40006-8712

Office - 502-664-7843
Mobile - 502-664-7839
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Adjusting it wasn’t the problem for me. That was the easy past. My problem was having the dang thing t stick to EVERYTHING metal, and flying off my wrist! I took the advice of several others on the thread, went on Amazon, found the Luxe-adaptable silver mesh band for under $10, ordered it on Thursday, got it on Saturday, and it works like a dream. Plus it’s easily adjustable and doesn’t stick to ANYTHING!

Kathi Whitten Proulx
1030 Martini Lane
Bedford, KY 40006-8712

Office - 502-664-7843
Mobile - 502-664-7839
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, I'm ordering the cheap one! Thanks!
Best Answer