Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Luxe's trash firmware has finally broken me

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Luxe has been a thorn in my side for almost a year, and I've put up with that thorn mostly because of the form factor - it truly is a beautiful little piece of hardware - but I'm finally done today after first being woken up yet again at exactly 6:30 am instead of whenever the "smart" alarm is supposed to go off between 6:30-7 am (it's been like this for a week) and then spending an hour on my treadmill only to look down and see that I've gotten 334 total steps today. 

It wasn't enough that:

• All of the clock faces are designed by someone who apparently can only read time in a spiral instead of linearly (seriously, look at all the clock faces for the Luxe: you can't find one that has all four numbers of time - hours and seconds -  in a row)
  • None of the clock faces allow me to see steps, heart rate, and time at the same time
  • The "raise your arm, see the time" function only works about half the time
  • The "tap the screen because the raise your arm, see the time function only works about half the time" only works about half the time
  • Setting the alarm is an exercise in frustration as it's all on a screen the size of a postage stamp when this could easily be done in the app
  • A single drop of water breaks the touchscreen's brain

But I also had to lose thousands of steps while in an extremely competitive Workweek Challenge with my sister! And you know she's going to be insufferable about it.

Literally, I just want this thing to count my steps, to tell me my heart rate and the time, and to perform these simple tasks in a reliable manner. The sleep monitoring and activity zones are nice but my God, at what cost? The only improvements over the Charge are the sleek hardware and that the heart rate monitor works more often, but after this morning not even that is enough. (Yes, customer service representatives, I've reset it multiple times.)

It's time to accept that the firmware and UI on the Luxe will never be fixed. I'm going back to my Charge 2 with a cracked screen for now, and am open to suggestions for actually functional Fitbit trackers.

labels: rage, i know i sound like a karen, is the product engineering team ok

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Okay fine, you can read time linearly on one screen - BUT IT'S LITERALLY BLURRY. ON PURPOSE.

Fitbit if you're listening I promise you there are UX designers to be hired out there!

Best Answer
0 Votes