Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 lbs to lose - New to Fitbit! - looking for friends on the journey

ANSWERED

Hi I am Jane - have just started today with great excitement with Fitbit . 

I have quite a mountain to climb ! 

I have just set a target which if I can loose approx 2lbs per week in one years time I should be at goal.

I am weighing in at 17stone and want to get to 10stone 

Day one went out for a walk and achieved 6,000 steps overall today. Found walking with two sticks really good as it held my posture, assisted with stability and made the walking experience better.

Just about to put togeter a menu planner and do a specific shopping list so I can keep on track with eating .

Found the food logger easy to use and love the breakdown that can be achieved as I am a diabetic.

Looking forward to hearing from you if you are on a simular journey. I plan to do a regular post as the weeks go bye.

Regards 

Jane 

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hey Jane,

I don't normally post here, but your post was pretty inspiring so I had to say something. Its great that you want to get healthy!

The meal logger has been the most important tool in my own weight loss so far (from 210lbs to 185lbs). I would say that good weight loss is 75% diet and 25% regular excercise, but that's just my experience so far.

Stick with it!!! Believe me, there have been easy days and there have been hard days, but if you push yourself and get into a regular routine it gets easier and easier.

-Brendan

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck on your journey

Don't try to rush.....slowly but surely

If you're like to add me to your friend list please do ☺

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hey Jane,

I don't normally post here, but your post was pretty inspiring so I had to say something. Its great that you want to get healthy!

The meal logger has been the most important tool in my own weight loss so far (from 210lbs to 185lbs). I would say that good weight loss is 75% diet and 25% regular excercise, but that's just my experience so far.

Stick with it!!! Believe me, there have been easy days and there have been hard days, but if you push yourself and get into a regular routine it gets easier and easier.

-Brendan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck on your journey

Don't try to rush.....slowly but surely

If you're like to add me to your friend list please do ☺

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Brendan 

Thank you for your super words of encouragement - this is the first time I have ever done an online blog and I know support will be vital over  the coming months.

Congratulations on your success 

Regards 

Jane 

Best Answer

Hi Melly

Thank you for your words of encouragement - really appreciated 

I think I have added you as a friend - bit new to all this 

Regards

Jane 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! I'm on the same road as you are Smiley Very Happy

Down 42 pounds and 100 to go! Smiley Surprised

As a personal recommendation, follow your food plan as a guide and make sure you write down your meals as soon as you are about to get them; this will prevent the moment where you are holding your food log and remembering how much you ate and underestimating amounts. I have a tiny notebook where I write down the meals and their weight, so when I'm ready to write them down, they are accurate.

Get a food scale and measure everything. Increase your water intake and find different sources or variations for the meals you love that won't take a hit on your caloric budget.

Have a rest day! Enjoy your food and don't miss out on the opportunity to eat different. 

Good luck!Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Have fun by everything you'll do!

@HelenaFitbit 

The wanted weight may not be your bodies happiest weight. There's also a natural weight range instead of a magical fixed weight number which your body does everything it can to stay in that range. When being at a healthy weight, eating mostly healthy and exercising in moderation, no logging food, eating anything you'd like but stop when satisfied and only eat when hungry, the body finds and maintains it's original weight (range).

Provided honoring also the body what its asking for and to nourish. Not eating when feeling lonely, 'cause of being bored and the natural weight will follow automatically.

Don't stress your body out by eating in deficit for to long, add in a break and eat on maintance every few months for a while, so the body can relax from all the dieting, increasing metabolism.. and can make it easier to loose more weight afterwards.

Be happy with what your body and you achieved so far, it can only get better! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Enjoyed reading your post .. I am kinda new to Fitbit too only 4 weeks .. only drop 12 lbs but a good start lot more to go  ... I think its great your doing something for your self ... Good luck .. and hope to hear more from you  : ) Kat

Best Answer

That's a amazing achievement @MayB-4me Smiley Happy

Did come from 100+ kg, weight stabilizing at 75 - 76kg over a few years. Since a while ago letting go of food logging and dropped to 72 - 73kg which couldn't be achieved by following the calories plan, and trying honoring the body when having eaten enough.

When getting thinner, at one time it felt weird with all the weight being off even when weight loss steadily and slowly came off. Noticed that when weight loss is even slower rather than wanting to drop the weight as fast as possible, the body is more likely to stay at its new weight rather than fighting back because to much weight is lost in a short time, and wants to prevent that by adding back x pounds.

When changing food habits gradually, over a longer period, the body begins craving for the more healthier food (while still allowing to have some pizza, and other 'junk food'), there are no good or bad foods, it's about finding a balance.

When changing food habits, and it takes over the old habits, over a longer time it's unlikely to go back to the old habits.

First ate plenty of cookies or when food has been in sight, out of boredom.. Now my body prefers to have fruits, yoghurt,.. sometimes get a craving for a piece of chocolat, or a cookie but take only one for the taste and only try eating when there's a bit of space left to have it and only try eating when really hungry.

Honestly like food to much, so sometimes its still tough to not eat something when not hungry but try to relax and think about health, so next time when being hungry, instead of eating that particular food now, trying to do something else, and have it the next time when hungry since the body wants that food or just take a little bit for the taste and put away the rest for another time.

Always, enjoy! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Melanie

Thanks for asking me to be a friend on Fitbit 

It is nice to have the motivation of tracking.

I would like to ask other people who have contaced me to connect as a friend too but I can not see a button to press to do this. Can you assist with advise how I contact someone to request beig a friend ? 

Regards Jane - who is just off for a walk !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Helen

Thank you for your words of wisdom - they are excellent and I will certainly use your experience on this journey.

Wow you have done well - congratulations 

I will send you a friend request and it would be super to link up on the next stage of our simular goals ?

Kind regards 

Jane 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Stefan

Many thanks for corresponding and for all your input it is really appreciated - I have been overwhelmed today with how may people have communicated and with great words of encouragement 

Kind Regards 

Jane 

Best Answer

Hi Kat

Thanks for yoru message - 12lbs in four weeks is really good - congratulations - I would be delighted if I can be at that point in a months time .  Nice to see a pic of a cute little dog - I  have an order in for a King Charles Spaniel at the moment, hopefully arriving in June this year. 

Kind Regards

Jane 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jane,

My first time in a community discussion.  I too am trying to lose weight and am excited about using the fitbit in combination with the myfitnesspal app.  The two work well together.  I'm looking forward to following you on your weight loss journey.  Best of luck to us both....Nancy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jane,

Can I join you on your path. I also have a little more than 100 lbs to lose. I thought we might be able encourage each other. 

Joy

Best Answer

Took me ages too. I apologise if there is another answer. Click on profile picture in forum. Then click on profile. When you get to profile page of person you want to be friends with there will be an Add Friend button. 

@Jane-L wrote:

Hi Melanie

Thanks for asking me to be a friend on Fitbit 

It is nice to have the motivation of tracking.

I would like to ask other people who have contaced me to connect as a friend too but I can not see a button to press to do this. Can you assist with advise how I contact someone to request beig a friend ? 

Regards Jane - who is just off for a walk !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've dealt with weight issue my whole life. The good piece of advice I can give you is to lower the speed of the weight loss. By that I mean set closer goals. Try loosing 25 pounds first, and when you reach those 25, go after the next 25. Adjust your goal so that I won't become diffucult for you to complete. I lost close to 90 pounds my self and now have gained back 60 of them back. I will get there once again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jane,

Sounds like you're really starting to work hard! I've also got about 100lbs to lose too (50 from baby weight, 40 that I had before getting prego, and another 10 that I always dreamed I'd lose lol). I just got my Fitbit on Tuesday and its already been really motivational. I've also been using myfitnesspal to track calories and it works awesome with the Fitbit. You've set a pretty amazing goal losing 2 pounds a week! I'm looking at more like 1 pound a week myself and trying to make a lifestyle change in regards to the way my family eats. Can't wait to hear your updates 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi Jane,

I just wanted to say well done 🙂

Stephanie

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on the same boat as you Jane -  @Jane-L

In order for me to go to the military i have to lose 75lbs .

I would like to take this journey with you .

Best Answer
0 Votes