Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 -- Lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day -- 2015!

Hi!  I just saw a thread from 2014 where a group of mom's and non-mom's set a goal to lose 20 pounds by Mother's Day.  Anyone want to start one for 2015 with me?  I have about 35 pounds to lose total, but 20 by May sounds like a good goal to me. 

I am going to try to get my 10,0000 steps in and I am joining a gym this weekend to add strength training and cardio. 

Best Answer
469 REPLIES 469

Inspiring Elansc. We both have 12 lbs to go. You have absolutely improved your health profile I bet. It is all about staying motivated and moving, moving, moving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to join you!

Best Answer
Friday nights are my worst time also. I know what my problems are. Maybe we can help each other. I need to get more sleep. I do nervous eating when I am stressed. I'm taking it one day at a time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3-8 pm are my worst hours...if I can get to 8pm I am ok...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have taken up am knitting for when I am home. That way my hands and arms are unavailable for smacking.
Best Answer
Excuse me... arm knitting
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to join the group if i may!  20 pounds by Mothers day seems doable & i need the motivation!  I just bought the charge & so far i am impressed.  I have a desk job and had no idea how really inactive i was.  No wonder the pounds have been creeping up!

Best Answer

what else can you do with the nervous energy? Walking, dancing some kind of movement helps me with my extra energy. Why Friday night? Do you know what you are thinking about that makes you nervous? Write out your fears then question how likely is this to happen? Just some ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome join in. Make a goal short term, measurable & achievable like 20 gone by mother's day. Very much about burning 500 more calories than you eat every day and each week you will lose a lb. If you burn even more you get there faster. I find that logging the food is both a pain and a blessing. I don't want to account for the extra handful of walnuts at 190 cals. and blow it after all those steps. It makes me hyper aware of reading labels and choosing well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are in. Set your goals and share about them if you like. It is cool that there are many of us doing this together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Canada

I don't allow candy, chips and junk to get in my house. I don't want to sabotage getting to my goal. It is hard enough to limit the portions of hummus or nuts for me.. Candy is my enemy other than the ocassional dark chocolate pure protein bar. 20 g of protein and 180 cals when I'm rushing around. 

Do 100 extra steps tomorrow and keep on going.

Good luck. 

I finished my 10,000 steps fast walking around my son's dining room table. Phew. I couldn't leave it at 9979 it was too close.  Now I'm drinking water and trying not to snack. I feel hungry when I know that I still have food digesting in my stomach. 

My hunger lies to me and I'm not gonna listen. My thoughts lie too sometimes. It is freeing to know this because I say that is BS to myself now. I am going to make it to my goal and stay there too. If I have to dance more at 73 then I'll be dancing.  Going to try a dance sculpting class based on a ballet barre at 11 am tomorrow morning in the next town. Hey if I can do have of the exercises I'll be glad. Years ago I loved ballet class so why not now with lower expectations. 

Stay with it folks.

Made it to 150.8 so now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds great Noir. More details about this fold up small treadmill. Do you have a brand name for it and how much money does it cost? And it is noisy or can we hear the TV or computer over it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I'm into out doing 10k steps a day and improving myself. At 73 I really don't want to compete, but I want us all to win this race together. There is something so special in the buddy system that builds community. 

IMHO join us and we can all win. No losers here.

Best Answer

Great, the more the merrier. Love my charge HR too.  Yes, it is hard to get all the steps in so I put on music and dance and jog a little in the house. We can do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Would love to join the Mother's Day Challenge. I have 60# but 20# by May would be great.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dance foxtrot..
You are right! I have to clean out my cupboards. I will try the extra 100 steps.
Thanks for the reply and encouragement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The scale that has been moving down steadily for the past two weeks has not budged an ounce this week. Trying not to feel too frustrated. Maybe in need of a new exerecise plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sabotage

Best Answer
0 Votes
that is so cool. you are so active keep up the good work.
--
--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds good.. but starting on February 1st might result in not achieving  a 20 pound weight loss.  However I will give it a shot and lose what I can.  I need the motivation to keep me on track 🙂  I'm in for the challenge.  Good luck everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes