Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 miles in 2015

Im in a group on facebook that is doing this as a challenge (it wasnt my idea) and I thought it might appeal to others on here, Im starting off behind as I only got my fitbit charge this week but im at 6.47 miles so far, I have a long way to go to get there! I am putting it in here as building my steps is a big part of my weightloss plan and I thought it might be a bit intimidating on the fitness board where people are racking up way more steps than I will be for a long while

Does anyone fancy joining me to try for this and post your miles in here as the year goes on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40
Thanks I am also hoping to take advantage of warmer weather.
Best Answer
I'm up to 37.58 miles now, enjoying watching it go up bit by bit and getting more miles every day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so excited to be in the 2015 in 2015 Challenge, and just re-started using fitbit about 2 weeks ago.  I'm around 178 miles so far.  Everyone here is so inspirational, keeps me going even in the bad weather.  I would like to be friends with other 2015 Challengers, please feel free to add me. Thanks, Lani 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lani, welcome, how are your miles doing? Im up to 57 now, I would like to get 100 in in feb which is only 3.6 miles a day on average, I reckon I can push for that this month

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the year, I am up to 196.25 miles

Competitive Crossfitter
Novice Runner
Getting Better EVERY Day
Best Answer
0 Votes

203.85 miles in January and so far in February 59.86 for a total of 263.71 miles for 2015 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started with FitBit in early Deember, and really starting to wrap my arms around the goals.  Losing a few pounds and feeling pretty good. 

January total was 158.94, so far so good, I'm on pace to get to 2015.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A friend on MFP wanted a spreadsheet to track her progress with a few simple stats, but then see where she was from goal for that day, and a graph to show it too.

I made a spreadsheet for her.

Anyone is welcome to make a copy of it for themselves too.

It's in Google Sheets - so you must Make a copy to your own space, or download as Excel. iPhone/iPad has app too if you have gmail account.

I have NOT tested in Excel to confirm Google translates it correctly, works fine in Google sheets though, and you can access that from mobile device and app too.

The 2015 is already there, section in yellow cells below the stats is where you enter in your run info for whatever day you do it.

Just delete the sample data in the yellow cells - don't touch the others or where you think might be blank cells.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12zd-_5bkOx19uX1SHIQuoiVGOeY86q2awymHdAGYznA/edit?usp=sharing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

February total 203.85 Miles

2015 through March -  362.91 Miles

Had a good month of progress, down 8.7 lbs and still on my way to 2015 miles in 2015.

Best Answer
0 Votes

January 1 - 31 = 203.85 miles

February 1- 28 = 344.55 miles

Total = 548.55 miles

Best Answer
0 Votes

Who's still in for 2015?

March total - 264.8 miles

2015 total - 629.0 miles.

March was a good month, managed to get my 10,000+ every day!  cruising well above the goal distance at this point, and with the good weather, I should have the ability to keep it up.  Also down 11 pounds for March - a little over what I'm shooting for, but some steady progress towards the goal.  38 pounds down since early December and I have another 35 or so pounds to get down to my first major goal, we'll see what I think when I get there.

How's everyone else doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well done Stolichy, im still in but whether i will hit it in the end is debatable! so far im at 201 miles but my step count is climbing all the time! Im 14lb down since mid jan, my next goal is another 16lb by 4th july, i have another 90lb minimum to go right now so im breaking it down bit by bit 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, April was OK, but a little slower as life and work got in the way a bit more than I'd care to allow.  🙂  But happily, I'm still on pace to hit 2015 miles this year.

April total - 184.04 miles.

2015 Total - 813.13 Miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

January - 203.85

February - 344.55

March - 363.65

April - 332.98

Total Miles for 2015 = 1245.03

Over half way in 4 months Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jan - 87.13

Feb - 99.24

Mar - 128.51

Apr - 104.24

Total - 419.12

Seriously need to do some catching up! Running my first half marathon soon, surprised my long and frequent runs haven't added up to more! (Although if I count in km - which is what we use up here - I'm up to 671 and right on pace..) Will certainly be adding to my daily walks, luckily winter is finally over..

Excellent idea!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keeping on with the goals, and I managed to stay on track through May.  Last week was way off pace, but overall - still moving towards the goal.

May Total - 173.04 Miles

2015 Total - 986.17 Miles

2015 miles in 2015!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time for the May update!

May - 172.23 miles

2015 Total (to May 31) - 591.36 miles

Over 1/4 of the way there! Need to pick it up, but that is what summer is for 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

January - 203.85
February - 344.55
March - 363.65
April - 332.98

May - 281.55

-----------------------

Total - 1526.58

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you guys do this again for 2016!

Right now, I'm still just walking, but it has always been a dream of mine to be able to distance run.  I walked 10-20 miles at a fast pace for my job 6 years solid, so I'm trying to switch over to running.  It's not easy.

Currently my goal is 1,000 miles for 2015.  Next year, I should be able to increase that quite a bit.

So far:

January - 80.79 miles

February - 54.48

March - 66.51

April - 65.21

May - 77.85

Total for the first 5 months - 344.84 miles.

I've already got 59 miles so far this month, and there are still 9 days left.

It's not bad, especially when you consider I wasn't really working out until the latter part of May.  But, as you can see, I need to do some catching up to make even the 1,000 mile goal.  I would love to work on 2016 in 2016!

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer
0 Votes

June Updates time!

June Total - 176.59 Miles

2015 Total - 1162.76 Miles.

Still staying on pace to hit 2015 in 2015, and I'm confident without a little accountability provided by the Fitbit, I wouldn't have gotten here.

On a fun personal note - this morning was the first morning in my dieting adventure that I can say.... I'm only overweight!  🙂  Started with Fitbit and Aria scale back in December with a BMI about 37.5 and this morning I was down to 29.8.   I don't think I'd ever get down to what is deemed Normal on the BMI scale - but it has been one of my goals to get down out of the obese range.

Best Answer