Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th July weight loss! Post your goals

Hi all, 

After a couple of these keeping me on track ish since mid jan i thought i would start another one, hoping some of you will join me

SW 244LB

CW 230LB

GW 209LB

My husband is in the military and has been deployed since late Jan, he should be back sometime in June my aim was to hit the 209lb mark before he got back but that's looking less realistic after some busy scary weeks with my 2 year old having a cancer scare but as a mini goal I want to be under 216lb by the start of June, then I will be 2st off since he deployed. I have a school reunion in July and my graduation in October so lots to work towards this year!

How are you all doing? What are your goals?

Best Answer
484 REPLIES 484
Glad youre back on track Kaelarenee7, well done on your losses.

The change in weight with the scales is a bit frustrating, but I am making the most of it, as expected the scales weighed the same as yesterday, I'm not sure what was up with m maths yesterday, but I've reworked out my goals so from today here goes

SW 250LB
CW 233LB
Mini GW 230LB
GW 222LB
Best Answer
0 Votes
SW 165
CW 161
GW 135

For this challenge I would like to get to 145. My biggest challenge is traveling with work. Hotels and restaurants a lot. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Travel can be a killer. I travel for work occasionally, as a family we travel for my kids competitions several times a year and summers we drive 18-hrs home. If you can, get hotel rooms with a fridge and also a microwave. Because we drive I have a cooler that can plug into my car and can plug into a wall socket, it makes a great travel fridge. Ziplock style containers are great for steaming veggies, breakfast oatmeal, etc. Hit the grocery store when you get to your destination for fresh produce. Keep a supply of protein bars or shakes with you. If you have to eat a restaurants make good choices (grilled not fried, steamed veggies not potato, no appies, no bread, no dessert, drink water) and watch serving size they are usually way too big. I always share with my teenaged son or get 1/2 packed to go right away. Some things you think are healthy are actually diet busters because of portion size. Salads can be especially bad with the extras like nuts, cheese, etc. Always dressing or sauces on the side so you control the amount. Look up the nutrition when you can, I use Myfitnesspal it has a huge database. One of my old favourite restaurants has a veggie burger on whole wheat bun, even dry it has 900 calories because if the bun! So I share it and take off the top bun. I have a huge road trip this summer to the other side of Canada for my Masters courses so I'll be taking my own advice, except we are camping not hotel'ing. Hope that is helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I'd love to join your challenge as well.  Just bought my fitbit this afternoon and excited to put some miles on it.  I signed up for my first 5K in August and am hoping to able to run it....or at least speed walk the first one without dying!

SW 237LB

CW 235.2LB

GW 150LB

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fortunately flu only lasted 2 days. I'm a bit miffed. I weighed myself this morning on my Aria scale then moved it less than a 1/2 an inch (it didn't feel like it was totally flat) and my weight drooped by 3 lbs. I had to re-weigh myself 10x in a row to be sure and I check on my Weight Watchers scale. I wish my Aria were more reliable, I don't trust it. This is day 17, almost at the 3-week habit forming mark. My eating is still a bit erratic as far as macros go but my calories are good. I'm getting 1.5-2hrs of cardio nearly everyday and started easy weights on Friday. If I reach my next month goal of 10-lbs I might sign up for Cross-fit or yoga classes in June. My resting heart rate has dropped from 101 bpm to 80 bpm and I'm able to walk pain-free most days. 3 weeks ago I couldn't walk 2 blocks without my back/hip hurting, now it's just my plantar fasciitis that twinges when I do cardio too long. Feeling positive and trying to celebrate small victories instead of thinking about how far I still have to go.

SW: 205.0
CW: 193.8
Pounds lost: 11.2

July GW: 180 (-25 lbs)

UGW: 105-115 April 1, 2016
Best Answer
0 Votes

Congrats on graduating! Woo hoo!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like everyone is coming down with this Spring cold. I was sick all last week and had to skip out on my boot camp classes. Feeling better now, except the allergy symptoms are kicking in! Roar!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to join the challenge too!

CW 185

GW 140

Does anyone have an example of what has given them success as in what you eat during the day and when, how much activity you do etc.

I do get at least 10,000 steps in a day and try to stay within a 1,200 calorie per day diet but I am not losing.

Thanks

Tracy15

Best Answer
0 Votes

You probably need to eat more. 1,200 calories a day is the bare minimum for a sedentary woman to eat just for day to day energy for the body systems.

I'm 5'8", 201 lbs currently so my BMR is about 1750 calories at the moment (just the calories burned for living) and I usually eat around 2,200-2,300 calories a day and have been able to lose weight nearly every week as long as I get my activity in.

I walk, I do yoga, I ride a stationary bike, whatever I feel like doing for activity that day. I like to mix it up. I currently have my plan set at a 750 calorie a day deficit.

I try to eat unprocessed foods most of the time, salads, chicken, etc. For snacks I'll eat fruit or calorie dense foods like nuts and cheese.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I work from home and it on my stability ball at my desk.  I make sure to run up and down the stairs at least 11 times a day.   I go to the gym after work and will do 30 minutes of cardio and then 45 minutes of weights for strengh training and toning.  On Wednesdays I take an hour total body skulpt class with weights.  I pretty much cannot move for 2 days after that but will at least get walking and cardio in.

I had gastric bypass 6 years ago and lost 125lbs.  But I have been struggling since to get to my goal of 140.  I am 5.2 and very small boned.   The lowest I got down to was 175lbs then gained up to 201 and I am back down to 185 but have been going up 3lbs down 2 up 1 down 4 for months.

I am sure that going through menopause has something to do with it too?  I am not sure.  I welcome any and all suggestions.

Thanks

Tracy15

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, I am ready to join this challenge. Super excited. I know I wont be at my goal weight come July but I can put a dent in it. 

SW: 364

CW:289.6

GW:199

Best Answer

Hi Y'all,  I'm new to the FitBit Community...Just got it last night Smiley Very Happy  I would love to join the challenge.  I would like to lose 15lbs by July 4th. Thank you for letting me be apart of your challenge Woman Happy

SW: 248.9

CW: 245.2

Mini GW: 220

GW: 145

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

SW 281

CW 264

July 250

Overall 175

Been stuck for a little bit. Dropped 0.6 of a pound this week. Better than gaining. Man Happy

Stay focused!
Best Answer

So happy to see this challenge and would love to join.  I just completed the Mother's Day challenge (lose 20 lbs btwn Jan 1 and Mothers Day) and lost 22 lbs.  So now I'm ready for my next challenge.

SW: 200

CW: 178

Next GW: 168 (10 lbs by July 4th)

Ultimate GW: 155 (then I'll finally be back to the true weight displayed on my driver's license)

To lose weight I started riding my bike to work at least 3 days per week and got a personal trainer 1 day per week.

Best Answer

SW 210

CW 200

GW 190

So close to being back under 200 lbs! Hoping to get in the 190's by the time I weigh in next week. Halfway to my goal for the 4th!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way to go everyone on your weeks losses!  I'm having the unusual problem of not being able to eat up to my calorie goal as it is (1200-1500), and then Fitbit/Myfitnesspal both add more calories depending on your exercise level.  Some days I end up with over 1000 extra calories to eat.  I hadn't planned on eating back any of my exercise calories.  I read the threads on this, but just got myself more and more confused.  Do I really need to eat any of them back?  I feel great, not hungry, not tired.  I'm not getting quite as much protein as I'd like, but being vegetarian it's very tough to find low-carb protein sources.  I can only eat so much cottage cheese, greek yogurt, egg whites and tofu.  

SW: 205 lbs

CW: 190.8 lbs

Lost: 14.2 lbs

July 1 Goal: 170 lbs

UGW: 105-115 lbs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer

It has been an extremely frustrating week but I have to focus on the positives.  My nutrition has been ok for calories but has not been spot on for macros, I need to tighten it up. I've been walking and jogging more than ever and feeling like I'm in better shape.  My resting heart rate has dropped from the 90/100s to the 70s in a month.  I'm on week 2 of the Zombies, Run! 5K training app.  My scale has moved up and down all week leaving me only -1.0lb this week.  I looked at the calendar and sure enough AF should arrive in the next 2 days, so hoping that is the reason.   

SW: 205 lbs

CW: 189.8 lbs

Lost: 15.2 lbs

July 1 Goal: 170 lbs

UGW: 105-115 lbs

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

I am new to the group and I just got my fitbit this weekend.  I love it and it has been so eye opening to me to see how few calories I do burn. It's getting me moving. I live in Southern California and I have two girls ages 5 and 6 which keep me busy. My husband and I both work from home which has caused us to gain weight as we aren't moving around alot.  I am excited to be a part of this group!

SW 204

CW 204

GW 150

GW by 7/1 184

Best Answer