Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used Duromine (Phentermine) or know a bit more about it?

Hi all! I'm Mel, new here Smiley Happy

Has anyone used Duromine? My doctor has said it's an option but I'm still unsure about it.

Would love to hear how people have gone with it? And any thoughts or opinions you can offer. I guess I'm wondering if I actually need it.. I can stick to a diet and I'm not too hungry once I get going. Will it always mean a quicker weight loss? Or does it only really help if you're struggling to maintain the diet..?

Any wisdom you can offer me would be much appreciated!

Thanks 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I know each person is different, but one quick google of Duromine and you can see that it is a pretty powerful drug. Could your provide a little more information about your history with weight loss and what is driving your decision to consider this drug?

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No experience with phentermine, but for me, the best way to control hunger (when in a caloric deficit) is to eat food that is low in calories and very filling (= many veggies), highly satiating (e.g. protein) and/or high in fiber (e.g. oatmeal). Benefits compared to a chemical like phentermine: no risk of addiction (well, if you manage to get addicted to veggies, that would be a desirable addiction), no risk of damage to your critical organs (heart, liver etc.) and it feeds your body with the nutrients it actually needs (which is one of the main purposes of eating). Since you said you were able to stick to a diet and control your hunger, I’d say stay away from that chemical (and other similar chemicals).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have no experience with that drug. You might want to check what is in it for your doctor. Sadly, at times they get paid and get bonuses from pharmaceutical companies. If you can have an open conversation about it, that would help a lot. But like Dominique I prefer to stay away from chemicals when there are other options.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@RhythmicRaider- if you can stick to whatever eating plan you choose I'd do it without any chemicals.  Overall, speed of loss isn't the important thing, losing weight overall is the goal.  All drugs have side effects, some minor, some major.  @Dominique gave you some good ideas, I'd start there before popping a pill.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Hi there,

I have been on Phentermine/Duromine for exactly three weeks now and lost 4 kg with no exercise. I've noticed that my appetite has decreased and I eat much less. I am really excited to keep using this! I really feel like it's working 🙂

Best Answer

Hello ShirleiR,

Congratulations on your weight loss! 

I was on Phentermine years ago for weight loss and it really curbed my appetite which I loved. I just really need to lose some serious weight again and want something that takes my appetite away and I think that Phentermine will help me in relation to this matter. But I would like to know if you can give a website where I can purchase the tablets? I just would love to have a site that's reliable 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on Phentermine for about 4 months. Yes, I lost weight. Yes it controlled my appetite.Yes, I had trouble sleeping. And yes, I gained it back. It did nothing for me learning about portion control, using food as fuel or stopping my binging behaviours that I'm still working on. Just my experience.

Best Answer

I used it a long time ago and was successful in losing weight but not in changing my overall lifestyle. It's a powerful appetite suppressant (although you will build up a tolerance and it becomes less and less effective as time goes on). Unfortunately, if it's not coupled with real change (mind/body/spirit) it is just a short term fix.

It was really quite easy to lose weight using it because you have no appetite but not eating is not a way of life. After going off (and you HAVE to go off - they won't let you take it continuously) if you haven't tackled the demons, they come back to life really fast. 

So, if you are using it wisely (I didn't) it might be a tool but it's not "the answer". 

Best Answer

@speds wrote:

you HAVE to go off - they won't let you take it continuously 

I would have thought this is the kind of drug you would need a prescription for, but it appears (based on the previous post) you can find it over-the-counter, so "they" is basically you. Sounds scary to me.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not over-the-counter. It is a prescription drug, and those ordering online without prescription, and those selling  it are breaking the law.  Go to the doctor if you want to take try it.  It will be way way cheaper and you won't risk getting in trouble. 

Best Answer
It is prescription only in the US - I looked at the site (just curious not
intending to purchase) and they don't ship to the US.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, "they" referred to doctors. I took it under medical supervision - didn't buy it from one of these hack sites.

Best Answer

@speds wrote:

I took it under medical supervision

This is reassuring! Thanks for sharing your experience at any rate!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

I tried the 30 ml a couple of times and i kills my appetite but also cant sleep i am struggling with my appetite partly thru stress and living with a huge eater lol am going to try a lower dose then i may be able to stay on it long enough to make a difference, on 30 ml i did not sleep for days it was awful 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also did. It did kill my appetite but sleep was a misery also. Not worth
it IMO.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't taken it but it is in the family of drugs that includes amphetamines and has a similar effect, appetite suppression but can also cause severe dry mouth, high heart rate, high blood pressure, agitation,  irritability, insomnia and paranoia. If you google Phentermine and MFP there are plenty of people who have relayed their experiences, most say they would never take it again.

Best Answer
Yes that's all true i think a lower dose would work for me but the problem
is when you stop appetite can come back hard,now im thinking ill drop all
carbs and sugar see how that goes😀
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used it and had the above-stated side effects. Not being able to sleep, I wasn’t able to exercise. The experience was so bad that I changed doctors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before you take any medication for weight loss always look at the side effects and believe them.  I took phentermine a few years ago and it made me drowsy, grumpy, dry mouthed, tired and confused.  I stopped taking that and a few years later Belviq came out

@RhythmicRaider wrote:

Hi all! I'm Mel, new here Smiley Happy

Has anyone used Duromine? My doctor has said it's an option but I'm still unsure about it.

Would love to hear how people have gone with it? And any thoughts or opinions you can offer. I guess I'm wondering if I actually need it.. I can stick to a diet and I'm not too hungry once I get going. Will it always mean a quicker weight loss? Or does it only really help if you're struggling to maintain the diet..?

Any wisdom you can offer me would be much appreciated!

Thanks 😃

.  Same side effects but both pills warned of heart problems.  I didn’t pay too much attention because I felt fine.  December 2015 I became winded and my heart just seemed to be struggling.  I had to have double valve replacement.  One valve was sloppy and one was calcified.    I had the surgery, spent 12 days in the hospital and have been on heart medication ever since.

Dont ignore the side effects.  I was lucky.

Best Answer
0 Votes