Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used Duromine (Phentermine) or know a bit more about it?

Hi all! I'm Mel, new here Smiley Happy

Has anyone used Duromine? My doctor has said it's an option but I'm still unsure about it.

Would love to hear how people have gone with it? And any thoughts or opinions you can offer. I guess I'm wondering if I actually need it.. I can stick to a diet and I'm not too hungry once I get going. Will it always mean a quicker weight loss? Or does it only really help if you're struggling to maintain the diet..?

Any wisdom you can offer me would be much appreciated!

Thanks 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

@RhythmicRaider posted once at the end of February, received a lot of thoughtful and constructive responses but has not acknowledged them nor participated further in the discussion.  I think it's safe to assume they are gone and we are having an academic discussion among ourselves.  Cool.

For those who are considering using Duromine or a similar drug, the question is why.  I think the answer has to be to lose weight by suppressing appetite.  For those who are concerned about side effects or the unsustainability of such an approach, it might be helpful to consider how else we can suppress appetite.  The following has worked for me:

• Drink water
  • Increase fats such avocado and nuts
  • Avoid sugar, breads, cereals, rice, and potatoes (particularly french fries)
  • Have desired food on hand to avoid cravings
Best Answer
0 Votes

My doctor prescribed me phentermine in March and I am down 29.9lbs.  For 2 months, I had maintained roughly 1500 calories tracked in MyFitnessPal.  I was working out 4-7 days a week for 30+ min each day alternating weights and cardio and changed jobs to reduce my stress level.  I also was drinking about 6-32oz glasses of water per day.  With all this, I actually only gained about 7lbs.  When I talked to my doctor, we looked over all of this and it didn't seem to make sense.  She suggested I look into it and we would discuss it at my next appointment.  I was very hesitant which she understood, but opted to try it.  The first week wasn't bad and we never hit any of her stopping criteria.  I also started a nutrition class about the same time.  With both the nutrition class to learn how to eat better and most importantly eat for health, I was able to start seeing results right away.  It has kept me motivated and on the right track because I continue to see my weight go down and I'm losing many inches.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just legalized and regulated speed.  Old Dexatrim (parts of it) and Minithin's were an over the counter stimulant that could do the same thing (or even a very high dose of caffeine)

Best Answer
0 Votes