Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are records longer than 7 years discarded?

I have had a fitbit since early 2013, however my records now only go back to September 2013. 

Does Fitbit only keep 7 years worth of data?  I was interested mainly in seeing how long my weight loss took over that period, however my earliest weight records have disappeared.  Is there a way to obtain these back?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @jillyhart Mine goes back further than 7 years. 

You should be able to see whatever you've entered since you started.  How are you trying to look?  If I go to my dashboard on a computer, click 'more' under the step tile, put in a start date before I got my fitbit, and today's date for the end date it draws a graph showing what I've entered. I weigh myself every day, so there is information to show.  Were you regularly entering your weight when you first get your fitbit?  If you set the graph to show steps, to you get all your info from early 2013?

Weight since March 2011Weight since March 2011Steps since March 2011Steps since March 2011

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Scott

Yes, I am very sure that I was recording my weight before then, but it doesn't show this, even using the steps you showed me, so it could be that I am mistaken.   

Thanks so much for taking the time out to answer.   Great results on your weight loss too! 

Kind regards

Jill. 

Best Answer

Thanks @jillyhart.  I had one follow up thought.  If you go to your settings on a computer you can export data in .cvs files (readable by a spreadsheet like excel or google docs) of your data. The ‘custom’ option lets you export 31 days at a time.  You might try that for some of the months that are missing and if there is anything there, Fitbit should be able to figure out how to make it show up when you run a report like I did in my last post.

https://www.fitbit.com/settings/data/export

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks so much Scott.  It appears that it is just my memory that is faulty here.   It does seem that I purchased my fitbit before my weight loss and I must have recorded it somewhere else.  I really appreciate you taking the time out to respond to my query.  All the best! 

Best Answer
0 Votes