Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you following a program, or doing your "own thing"?

Diets Don't Work, so they say..  I've dieted many, many times and always ended up gaining it back.  I've tried cutting down and mindful eating (vs shoveling it in) - but unless I have some structure to follow I just don't do it.  I am picking up my exercise with my new fitbit, but can't overdo it because of bad knees.. I have a LOT to lose and find it hard to take baby steps.   I'm trying to change several habits at the same time.  I am succeeding with moving more, but not much else.  I do not need another failure to add to the long list of attempts.

What are you doing successfully?  Thanks!

Best Answer
253 REPLIES 253
I have doing the same thing and it seems to be working. Lost a few pounds and feel good

Sent from my iPad, Cathy
Best Answer
0 Votes
the fitter good is not working want is going on Barbara Raia
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am another Jenny Craig client. What the program is doing for me is re-training my brain towards a healthier attitude toward food. There is no good or bad, it's all food! The choices I make in regard to food is what determines my overall health. Plus the weekly accountability sessions with my JC consultant keep me motivated.

I began the program October 2016, lost my weight by March 2017. I went from 182 to 160 lbs. I'm 63 years old, am beginning to suffer from age-related arthritis, The less weight I carry, the easier it is on my joints. Hypertension has also been a problem since age 45.

Long story short, I maintained the weight loss, my health improved steadily, and I was able to go off hypertension meds in September!

I restarted Jenny 6 weeks ago, to lose an additional 10or so pounds. I began at 162. Today my weight is 158. 

My Fitbit will help me move more - I am happiest being sedentary!  Because even though I am taking the weight off slowly, if I move more it will come off more quickly and I'll build that all-important muscle mass.

My new goal is 150, and maintaining.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried Jenny and didn’t like the food. Now doing Weight Watchers and food is much better because it is not packaged food and the support from all the members is really good. They provide recipes and suggestions that has worked out well for me. Lost the first 20lbs and sticking with it for a few more pounds. Support is great thru the holidays too.

Good luck..
Best Answer
0 Votes
I follow Weight Watchers

Tracy Love
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do weight watchers too. An d love the support from the other members with suggestions recipes, etc. no packaged food. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've joined weight watchers. I'm having difficulty journaling. Do you have any hints?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you having trouble finding the food ? If you have a phone or iPad you can take a picture of the bar code and you will get the points. Did this help?

Sent from my iPad, Cathy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have decided to not follow a system like NutriSysytem/Graig, etc. Every time I do, I get off the system and *BOOM* I don't have a good strategy in place, and go back to my old habits.

This time, I decided to do it with my own food, prepare, etc. Also, this is the first time in my life I have done weight lifting and *dieting* at the same time. Also, I like to this think of this as my *Eating Routine*, and not use the word diet.

With 5 days a week doing weight lifting and cardio (concept2 rower), and my new "Eating Routine", I think this time, I had most of it worked out. It's not 100% perfect, but I have been able to lose 130 lbs in 11 months. From 420 to 290. My goal is 250, then once there I will reassess what I will do.

So far, I'm pretty proud of myself, but it hasn't been easy. There have been a lot of ups and downs along the way. But I just try to continue to believe in the process.

One thing I like about not following a commercial system, is that there's no conversion to getting off a system. And of course, the journey can't end. The road is forever walked upon for me. I just  have to continue to keep that at the forefront of my thinking.

Best Answer

This seems reasonable.  I did this too and lost weight and then gained it again.  Now I am trying Weight Watchers and I find all I think about is food.  So I am going back to eating clean and working at the gym the best I can.  This time of year is very difficult too, but need to keep trying.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well done SJM.
You may find some interesting facts, with research papers on "Muscles for
Life" website. He was in someways disillusioned by 'bro' science and did
alot of research on his own. You may find it interesting to compare notes.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Well done SJM.
You may find some interesting facts, with research papers on "Muscles for
Life" website. He was in someways disillusioned by 'bro' science and did
alot of research on his own. You may find it interesting to compare notes.

Thank you Kawi, I will research this. Much appreciate your nice comments and tip. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
You rock   Keep up the good work!!  I know its not easy 
Best Answer

Dr Michael Mosely has a couple of books

"8 Week Blood Sugar Diet" and "The Fast Diet"

Available in the Amazon store - I have Kindle versions and The Fast Diet also as Audiobook

I'm currently on week 1 of the 8WBSD

I'm planning to do this for 8-12 weeks then switch to his 5:2 diet from The Fast Book

I previously lost 30 kg following the BIGGER LEANER STRONGER program by Mike Matthews

I got a bit slack with the Nutrition side of the equation and I've put half of it back

So I decided I really wanted to get it off quick - hence the attempt at 8WBSD

Best Answer
0 Votes