Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banging my head (starting to hurt)

ANSWERED

So I am doing a couple of programs to get myself back in shape. I've started out at 310 pounds. I began this journey on August 20, 2020. I also decided to join NOOM (which surprisingly is pretty good) so I am going to write off the 1st 2 weeks as a sort of my body getting used to the new meal plan etc. etc. etc. So I guess my journey began on September 1, 2020. Currently today it is November 10 some entering into the 9th week and I've lost approximately 16 pounds-ish. However, I have hit a bit of a plateau and try to figure out how I can somehow get my metabolism sped up. I really need a lot of help here and any ideas or thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20201110-101550.jpg

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A plateau is 6 weeks of no weight loss without any other known reasons why.

Have you hit 6 weeks?

Likely not since only 9 weeks total, but how many weeks was the 16'ish lost in actually?

Because weight loss is not linear, all sorts of valid weight fluctuations due to water weight. Start a new workout program?

16 lbs x 3500/lb of fat / 9 wks / 7 days = 889 avg daily deficit

Is that what you have selected on Fitbit for a weight loss amount, perhaps 1.75 lbs weekly?

That's probably reasonable since you have over 35 lbs to lose to healthy weight.

Or was the 16'ish lost in less weeks?

But just curious if that is the amount of deficit Fitbit reports on avg during that 9 wks?

If you are taking a reasonable deficit, most average bodies don't adapt and certainly not to the level of metabolism being the first thing.

Body will slow or stop spontaneous movement first, then slow down daily movement - in order to conserve calories if it's stressed at level of deficit.

Now, if you have disease or other stresses body is dealing with, a reasonable deficit for others may not be for you.

So what you need to do to see if that is starting is see if your step count has gone down from the start until now.

If it has not because you have goal to get your steps in, then a body determined to cut back on your deficit may have to resort to metabolism.

In which case - noticed your hair growing slower, nails growing slower, harder to keep warm, skin getting rough?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A plateau is 6 weeks of no weight loss without any other known reasons why.

Have you hit 6 weeks?

Likely not since only 9 weeks total, but how many weeks was the 16'ish lost in actually?

Because weight loss is not linear, all sorts of valid weight fluctuations due to water weight. Start a new workout program?

16 lbs x 3500/lb of fat / 9 wks / 7 days = 889 avg daily deficit

Is that what you have selected on Fitbit for a weight loss amount, perhaps 1.75 lbs weekly?

That's probably reasonable since you have over 35 lbs to lose to healthy weight.

Or was the 16'ish lost in less weeks?

But just curious if that is the amount of deficit Fitbit reports on avg during that 9 wks?

If you are taking a reasonable deficit, most average bodies don't adapt and certainly not to the level of metabolism being the first thing.

Body will slow or stop spontaneous movement first, then slow down daily movement - in order to conserve calories if it's stressed at level of deficit.

Now, if you have disease or other stresses body is dealing with, a reasonable deficit for others may not be for you.

So what you need to do to see if that is starting is see if your step count has gone down from the start until now.

If it has not because you have goal to get your steps in, then a body determined to cut back on your deficit may have to resort to metabolism.

In which case - noticed your hair growing slower, nails growing slower, harder to keep warm, skin getting rough?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for replying.

Still pretty new to this so I will try to fill in the blanks

So I started on October 20 at 310 pounds. Remembered that I had once before Fitbit and I enjoyed it so I reactivated the account.  of course, the 1st 10 pounds come off like butter and I was really happy with my progress and then I hit around the 295 - 293 Mark, and everything just slowed down.

Fitbit-Weight.png

you'll see that there are gaps on the days as I just stop measuring myself because I was getting too frustrated with the up and downs. So I revamped my food intake to streamline a little bit and to refocus the calorie deficiency.

I never had to worry about this stuff before and now that I have to I'm kind of at a loss and I'm stuck

Fitbit-Dashboard (1).png

as for exercise I have increased my exercise routine to walking over 6 km a day and if I am unable to get outside because of the weather I have a new stationary bike that I ride over 2 hours a day. I've also taken to drinking water as someone suggested to my body weight divided by 2 into ounces. So currently I am drinking right around a hundred and 20 ounces a day.

I also made a very difficult decision thinking that it was some of the little cheat things that I do such as enjoying my large coffee double double you're not Canadian which means double creamed and double sugar although I still love my coffee I have gone to a medium coffee with double milk.

I've also listed a bunch of non-starchy vegetables that I'm not supposed to have I'm trying my best. I just got really frustrated when I seem to have plateaued.

Best Answer
0 Votes