Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bariatric Patients Here!

ANSWERED

Hi all.

My name is Lauren and I had lap band surgery on 1/30/15. My starting weight was 215 and I am 5'2" so that is huge for someone my stature. On 3/14/15 I am officially 19 lbs down. I just started using my fitbit this week and have lost 3 lbs just by tracking my steps and calories everyday. I make sure to at least get 10k steps in (this includes gym workout steps) and I am tracking EVERYTHING I put into my body through MyFitnessPal. Fitbit and MyFitnessPal syncing together has made it a lot easier this week.

Anyway, I am far from my goal weight of 140lbs but I wanted to reach out via the fitbit community to see what other bariatric patients are doing, how they are utilizing the fitbit, any struggles,  etc... It's a much different weight loss approach than someone without bariatric surgery on what you can and can't eat I've learned, so it would be nice to have some support. And the biggest misconception people have is that "Of course you can lose weight if you have lap band that makes it easy," hell no people. You still have to work your ass off.

Hope to connect with some great people through here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Hey there! I just added you. Click on someone's name and it will take you to their profile and you just click " add friend". I had RNY bypass in January. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am waiting for my approval for lapband.  I am not new to Fitbit but am ready to use it for the tool it is.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!  I had RNY Nov 2013.... lost 145 lbs!  Keep up the good work!   I love my new body and my new health!  I can do so much more now.... stairs, longer walking, pool, etc!  My knees and hips don't hurt now!

Feel free to friend me if you had bariatric of any sort.  🙂

Pam

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiw!  I had VSG Sugery 9/21/2016  on surgery day I weighed 404 I'm now down to 359.  I've lost 99lbs total so far (I had started the previous october)  My goal is 180.  I've been using fitbit for a few years and the Charge HR for a year. I also have anxiety so it helps me differenciate between panic attacks or over exertion.  I'm looking for other Bariatric patients who use fit bit for motivation as well as a sometimes reality check. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow Angela you’re an inspiration! Hope you are doing well. I recently had this surgery and started around a similar weight. I hope I have as much success as you did. Unfortunately I have not had much support and am dealing with the ‘easy way out’ mind set from others on top of recently separating because of the lack of emotional support from my husband. It doesn’t help that he works with beautiful women. My self esteem has taken a hit. 
Reading these comments gives me hope. 

Best Answer