Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bummed...fitbit Alta doesn't track weightlifting.... can I enter manually?

I'm really bummed about this... unless I'm doing something wrong, the fitbit Alta didin't recognize that I was lifting weights.  😞  This thing might have to be returned....

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Its not step based. It should be manually logged

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the activities page scroll to the bottom. Use the search to look for Weights.

Can also be done on the phone under track Exercise

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wendy, I do this on the app correct?  And THANK YOU!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently I'm stupid. Typed in weightlifting and there is nothing under activity search. Apparently I'm supposed to know how many calories I burn to manually enter? 😞

Best Answer

@Borcherding App Or  websirte works

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the Surge (as well as on the Blaze, if I remember correctly), there is such an activity as "WEIGHTS" that you can start and stop at the beginning and at the end of your weight lifting session. Just in case you want to replace your Alta with another Fitbit.

For other trackers such as the Alta, you can log it manually, as suggested by @WendyB

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Borcherding wrote:

Apparently I'm supposed to know how many calories I burn to manually enter? 😞

One way to do it is to have a look at the Compendium of physical activities referenced in this post. Benefit: this will let you select the type of weight lifting that best matches what you’re actually doing. Once you have found the suitable activity, just use the METs for it and multiply it by your BMR per minute. You can find your calculated BMR by using this online calculator. Since BMR is for 24 hours, just divide by 1440 ( 24 x 60) in order to obtain your BMR per minute.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dominique wrote:

On the Surge (as well as on the Blaze, if I remember correctly), there is such an activity as "WEIGHTS" that you can start and stop at the beginning and at the end of your weight lifting session. Just in case you want to replace your Alta with another Fitbit.

For the Charge HR there is also a WEIGHTS activity catagory.

Best Answer
0 Votes