Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie deficit

I’m unsure if I understand the calorie deficit reading on the app. The question I have is this... Am I supposed maintain a reading “in the zone” throughout the day?? For example if I find that I’m “over”, should I exercise to get it back to “in the zone”? And vise versa if I find that I’m “under” should I eat more to again get back to “in the zone”? Or should I be concerned about where I end up by the end of the day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It makes adjustment based on the time of day and what is loaded. don't worry to much about being under just don't finish over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would just try to make the adjustment on the last meal of the day--eating more or fewer calories. You should also account for hours after dinner that you'll be burning calories based on your average. It's easier to adjust the calories in a meal than trying to exercise more.

It's pretty common to go under during the daytime. I wouldn't stress about it, or even worry if a single day is off calorie-wise. Sometimes if I'm way over I'll eat less the next day, or vice versa.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here's how it works. First off, know your BMR (Basil Metabolic Rate) Here's the formula

BMR Men: (88.3 + (13.4 x (weight*/2.2)) + (4.8 x (height*/0.39)) - (5.7 x age in years))

height in inches and weight in lbs.

This number represents how many calories you body burns at rest. It's this number divided by 24 that will give you your hourly calorie total which is where your Fitbit will get a similar number. It then takes into account your HR, and activity to proved you with your working calorie total to get the number you see changing hourly. Don't go by this to plan your day as far as timing your meals goes. It provides you with your caloric expenditure for the day but the timing and Macro Nutrient Sources are even more important. 

The specific ways to eat to facilitate true weight loss from FAT is an entirely different topic. I hope this helps! 💪🌴😎

TrainerMike.ms@gmail.com
Best Answer
Thanks for that info. I do have one other question though and that is, I’m having trouble getting in all the calories that it says I need to consume. For example, yesterday after eating 3 meals and working out it says I was under my calorie target by nearly 1000 calories. And this was after 8pm. I’m not sure how to handle this type of situation

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're not hungry,... don't eat.

If you need to maintain weight, eat something with a higher calorie density.

Natural food (like greens veggies, or protein) is less efficient at getting calories into you than junk food (candy bars and donuts). Sometimes crap food has it's value, as long as  one doesn't make a meal of it.

To answer your original question,... the food tile from the main page tells you how many calories you have left for the day considering your BMR. This doesn't include any exercise you have yet to do, but it will give you a good idea of what you can eat at breakfast, and does include any exercise you have done.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, thanks. I was going crazy trying to get all the calories in that I thought I needed in order to lose weight. Prior to getting this Fitbit I looked up how many calories I needed to consume and I was on the assumption that I needed 1500 calories a day and according to my Fitbit It I was eating closer to 1900-2000 a day

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes