Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories Terminology

Please explain how the various calorie counters and projections work. I cannot find a single, consolidated explanation of these terms, how they work together on device. 

[Blaze and iPhone]

Calories In ?

In what? That I’ve taken in or in zone based on day’s allotment?

Calories Out ?   Burned? More than allotted?

Dashboard food icon means what?

Food Nutrition Tile number means what?

Calories “remain” ?  For rest of day? 

😠

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

For calories burnt

How does Fitbit estimate how many calories I've burned?

Learn how Fitbit uses estimated caloric burn and tracker data to calculate your calories burned
For calorie deficit see the last entry in them food FAQ
How do I track my food with Fitbit?
Learn everything you need to know about food plans

Everything is based on what has been burnt and eaten up to now in time 
Calories remain are calculated on how fast you want to lose weight  and will change through the day based on burn versus consumption  

I've moved your post to managing Weight since your question is not about hardware. This seems that be the best spot .
Best Answer

Thanks for your response. I’ll reread those links and maybe they’ll make sense the second time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Calories in: How many calories you've put in your mouth each day, based on what you've logged in the Food section of the FB app.

Calories out: how many calories (estimated) you've burned each day, INCLUDING your BMR (basal metabolic rate).

Dashboard food icon: shows you how many calories you've put in your face, and what you have left in you daily calorie budget, based on your specific goals (weight loss, maintenance, weight gain, and intensity of loss/gain program).

Food nutrition tile: Not sure, I don't have that tile on my dash.

Calories remain: What calories you have left to eat to stay in your goal zone.

Best Answer

I will love to know too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect. Thank you. These numbers seem so straightforward until I review end of day results. Arrrgh. I must keep my mouth taped shut during afternoon ice cream craving time.

E

Best Answer
0 Votes

See above from Suzanny:

Calories in: How many calories you've put in your mouth each day, based on what you've logged in the Food section of the FB app.

Calories out: how many calories (estimated) you've burned each day, INCLUDING your BMR (basal metabolic rate).

Dashboard food icon: shows you how many calories you've put in your face, and what you have left in you daily calorie budget, based on your specific goals (weight loss, maintenance, weight gain, and intensity of loss/gain program).

Food nutrition tile: Not sure, I don't have that tile on my dash.

Calories remain: What calories you have left to eat to stay in your goal zone.”

Best Answer
0 Votes